Pre match thread

Don_Simon

A weeks rest will be welcome I think. Proper training time for Sanson and some well earned rest for those who have played six games in 18 days.

Brighton are a good team who play smart football. Will be another big test.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Welbeck gonna do us again? 

Haven't seen him playing for them so assume he's injured.

They're finally getting results from their good play (their win over us seemed the only time in 3 months they did it) so I'd be o.k with a point from this. 1-1.

Be an interesting one this.

As I said after we pumped Arsenal last time, this next match v Brighton will be tougher.

They move the ball so so well. How they're down the the bottom I do not know. Lack of a keeper as good as Emi and a striker as good as Ollie probably.

The legs in the team will be relieved for a week off.

Think I'd take a point.

• Like 2

Every time I feel like we have a slight upper hand in terms of rest day, we seem to play lose. Think this going to be a very tough game, they have players to hurt us. Would be great to get a small run of wins together to push up the table.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Oh FFS not another Saturday 8pm kick off. 

I have to battle the missus with rock-paper-scissors over the telly for some X-factor show with contestants dressed up as Monster munch characters 

Poor woman will be black and blue again. 

Only one TV in the house? Get down to Currys asap.

• Like 1

This will be another tough game, but then they all are in this league (ain’t that the truth, Steve?). Brighton seem to have tightened up defensively, their last six games have all been low scores with some great results for them.

Man Citeh 1-0 Brighton

Leeds 0-1 Brighton

Brighton 0-0 Fulham

Brighton 1-0 Spurs

Liverpool 0-1 Brighton

Burnley 1-1 Brighton 

I feel we’ve got the skill to unlock them and create plenty of chances, we just need to take them. Based on probability alone, I’d say Brighton are due a loss. Let’s hope a rested and rejuvenated Villa provide that for them on Saturday.

Edited by It's Your Round