Pre match thread

Don_Simon

4 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Hopefully Lamptey will still be out. He is on another level.

There is definitely alot of rave for Lamptey and you can see why.

There is a good player there and if he is out for this game then it can only be a plus for us.

They are not to be underestimated though, there's a solid little team with this lot that are battling for any points they can get and have caused a couple of eye brow raising results so far this season.

I hope we get the 3 points here but I don't think it will be an easy game.

Being based in Asia, its really bloody annoying that we always seem to be playing at 3 or 4 in the morning due to seemingly playing the late game every week.

Last week was the only palatable time we have played in months. Why are we always on last?

Now as for the match, who knows? Could be anything other than 0-0.

So I'll go for 0-0.

This will be a much harder game than a few on here think.

They are exactly the kind of team we struggle against, high pressing, fast transitions and good movement.

The fact they seem to have tightened up at the back and have turned a corner since we played them last all point to a frustrating evening. 

In saying that I think we are playing them at a decent time, injuries and the hectic schedule could help.

However I cant see a comfortable stroll!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Everything points to a Villa win here.

They can't score, we're good at keeping clean sheets, we're capable of scoring 2 or 3, they have a game midweek and we don't and they have a few injury worries.

2-0 Villa.

They’ve managed to nick the odd goal in recent games and get 3 points. They even had less possession than Burnley so I think we’ll have most of the ball. We’ll have to be patient to break them whilst not getting caught on break. 

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Brighton defence has been excellent for several games now. Probably need to score first and hold out

I think if we score first we’ll go on to score more. An early goal from us is exactly what the game will need as they have become a very defensive team.  If they score first it could be a frustrating evening.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

these are the kind of games we have tended to struggle in this season......

You read my mind. This will be one of those niggly games where we can kick on and progress but come up short with a loss or a draw. 

If we turn up we should be smashing these 3-0 but we know they will be pumped up and Maupay always seems to cause some trouble with our defence. 

Seems they have a few injuries

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/potter-selection-hint-injury-leicester-4982851.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Brighton boss Graham Potter may ring the changes against Leicester City on Wednesday as he saw mental and physical fatigue setting in against Burnley.

Albion have played eight games in less than a month ahead of tomorrow's fifth-round FA Cup tie against the Foxes. 

They have fielded largely the same side for their last four games between January 27 and February 6, and in the 1-1 draw against the Clarets it appeared the pile-up of games was taking its toll on the Seagulls' stars. 

And Potter's side are not helped by a growing list of injuries as Solly March picked up a knee injury in the win over Liverpool and will be out for 12 weeks.

Tariq Lamptey and Alireza Jahanbakhsh are still sidelined with hamstring injuries, Davy Propper has a groin strain, and Adam Webster is out with a rolled ankle. 

Good. 

On 08/02/2021 at 08:46, Robtaylor200 said:

Lap top again for me with sky go. Normally if the Villa are on tv , then the Villa re on tv and I watch it no arguments. But Saturday night . I could go up stairs and watch. But Saturday night  I want both - watch the game and be with Mrs T  

I am fortunate, the Mrs is a season ticket holder too....Her side of the family are Villa mad.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

The bottom 3 are so poor that Brighton are basically safe. Hopefully that is reason enough for them to go all out in their FA Cup tie and push Leicester right to extra time.

We also have Leicester right after them.