Pre match thread

Don_Simon

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Mrs T says she doesn't get it, how people can get stressed, upset, emotional and feel a euphoria over a match and that's only in the first 10 minutes.  But she hopes they win for me and always has my shirts washed and ironed in case I want to try a different one half way through. If we are holiday and the team are playing twice she will come with me once and I go on my own second time. Not a bad old stick really 

My mom described it as 22 blokes chasing a bit of leather ('round a field) with air in it....I suppose some folk know how to kill the theatre.

No she didn't get it either.🙃

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

My mom hated football. My wife hates football. Fortunately, one of my daughters inherited the Villa gene, and we used to go to matches together. Leeds born and bred, but she's a Holte Ender. 

• Like 4

Tricky game that we should win. However we have tended to lose focus against these kind of opponents. 

Welbeck and Lampety hurt us on the counter last time out. If Lampety is out that's great. Solly March being out is also good.

Would love to see Maupay go off for a concussion substitute.

The Missus is the bane of my Villa supporting and always kicks up a fuss, fortunately I can usually fob her off! 

I can't call this one. Actually I wonder if I can't call it or I'd rather not try, because Brighton are on far and away their best run of the season. Not only have they more points in the past 5 games than in any other 5 game stretch, but they've done it with wins against Liverpool, Spurs and Leeds all to clean sheets, and they've only conceded one goal in that time (Burnley).  I wouldn't be at all surprised with any result in this one. I'm hoping our quality can shine through and the rest will have done us good. Also hoping Trossard and Gross have a quiet one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Tricky game that we should win. However we have tended to lose focus against these kind of opponents. 

Welbeck and Lampety hurt us on the counter last time out. If Lampety is out that's great. Solly March being out is also good.

Would love to see Maupay go off for a concussion substitute.

The Missus is the bane of my Villa supporting and always kicks up a fuss, fortunately I can usually fob her off! 

Its all down to recruitment.lol

49 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Looks like they’re resting a few players tonight unfortunately. Connolly, Bissouma, Maupay all on the bench.

Looks like Leicester are as well. Vardy is back though. And Tielemans and Ndidi are starting. We play Leicester after Brighton so I hope they get 120 mins in their legs.

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Looks like they’re resting a few players tonight unfortunately. Connolly, Bissouma, Maupay all on the bench.

Yeah, and Danny Welbeck too. Pants.

Edited by robby b

Getting less and less confident about this.

They're playing a formation I love at the moment. Chelsea are as well. 

3-4-2-1 but with the two behind the striker narrow instead of wide. Making it four men in centre mid almost. It would suit us down to the ground I think if we could muster up another CB from the treatment room.

Webster being out is huge for them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Mrs T says she doesn't get it, how people can get stressed, upset, emotional and feel a euphoria over a match and that's only in the first 10 minutes.  But she hopes they win for me and always has my shirts washed and ironed in case I want to try a different one half way through. If we are holiday and the team are playing twice she will come with me once and I go on my own second time. Not a bad old stick really 

What a wife.

Mrs MNVillan used to not understand football (soccer to her) at all, and now she texts me live updates, complete with the full pre-match starting XI if I’m stuck at work for a match. I think the 7-2 Liverpool thumping this season is really what got her hooked. She loves Ollie, Mings, and Jack. Luckily we live across the pond from them

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, QldVilla said:

This is one of those games that will highlight whether we are a chance of finishing in the top 6. We are good enough if we play our best football.

I agree. If you’re a Euro contender, you don’t let a club like Brighton pull the double over you.

• Like 1