Pre match thread

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends on whether Mcginn sits or not.  With the way Brighton play was should have most of the ball so shouldn’t get overrun.  Last time we played them we had Hourihane instead of Barkley and he was hardly in the game so we are stronger today. 

I do worry about getting caught on the break though. 

I just don’t think SJM is disciplined enough. He gets excited, bombs forwards and often loses possession which then leaves us wide open.

Anyway, I of course hope I am wrong. UTV. COYVB

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why do we need to play with a 10?

I just don't get it. There is no need for it.

Are people seriously concerned about a lack of goals with a midfield and attack consisting of Luiz, Sanson, McGinn, Traore, Grealish, Watkins?

Who else plays in the space when teams double up on Jack? 

Who else gets close enough to jack to provide an easy 5 yard out ball? 

Moving forward beyond Barkley next season we definitely need a top quality player in there 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Who else plays in the space when teams double up on Jack? 

Who else gets close enough to jack to provide an easy 5 yard out ball? 

Moving forward beyond Barkley next season we definitely need a top quality player in there 

Could that player be Sanson, love t see him on the pitch at some time 

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

Stop scoring. Stop creating chances. Stop being another outlet to take the focus off Jack. 

The moaning whenever a team lineup is mentioned these days is bloody outrageous. 

1 goal 0 assist in the last 6

Impressive stuff. Really justifies his place

Edited by villalad21

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

Could that player be Sanson, love t see him on the pitch at some time 

Yeah I'm guessing we think so but we have time to see it, sanson will probably need time to get up to speed as to what playing with Jack actually means, Barkley got it straight away but he's lost it with injury

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We've looked far better and more balanced without him imo

I disagree, he along with Watkins and Jack stop teams from pressing us high, which is crucial to the way we play. But I do think there's more to come from Barkley. He's a good player who can carry the ball, create space, get forward, and pick a pass. Teams worry about him.

• Like 1

Yes many of them did want him (Potter) sacked up until recently and if their forum is anything to go by I'd say most of them had lost patience with him, not sure why that's so hard to believe given the facts I presented, 15th, 17th, and 15th place finishes, one win at home in 2020, last three home wins have been in three seperate years 2019, 2020, 2021, before their wins against Spurs and Man Utd they'd only won three games all season, even if they beat us they will still have less wins than every other team in the league other than the bottom three, and it's not as if they haven't spent any money, against that backdrop it would be more surprising if I said that they didn't want him sacked.

Edited by useless

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Sky presenter has just said "And there's a big game at the bottom still to come".

My 8 year old daughter called her out on this before I could even draw breath. Proud dad moment 😍 🤣

• Like 2