Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

First half looks about as expected. We are losing the midfield but at the same time Arsenal has not created that much really so we are doing OK on the whole.

Wish we could get at them a bit more because they are scetchy at the back and we have quality up front.

Just now, The_Steve said:

McGinn and Cash looked great. Unlucky not to be 2-0 up. Arsenal press and press, sans Mings defensive heroics, we've contained them, and Emi pulled off a great save from Xhaka's free kick.

Agreed. We've scored and created the other best chance. 

Cash and Targett look solid and its a shame nakamba got booked as he's doing well. 

• Like 1

A half time I'm glad to see.

Arsenal edged the first half hour and controlled the last fifteen - albeit while looking a little blunt.

We're not taking care of the ball, McGinn is playing well, Traore too, he's working harder off the ball than he was when he arrived, the back four have all been good, Grealish isn't quite into it, but he'll start to wander in the last half hour. Watkins again leading the line brilliantly.

If we're going to indulge Barkley with this second striker role where he's not got the burden of having to put in a midfield shift, then he need to pay for that with the things he does on the ball, he's not quite done enough good things to justify himself at the moment. 

The two yellow cards are a bit of a worry. 

• Like 2

Love Traore but that finish killed me man, wasn't even going on target anyway by the looks of things and could have given us some nice breathing space.

Have defended well, they've had all of the play but especially immediately after scoring we were happy to allow them and weather the storm, not like they've really created anything clear cut. Only thing I'd worry about is the pressure mounting on us, especially with the yellow cards.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm so sick of reading this shit. Honestly.

Yet you felt the need to quote what i said and reply. No more shite than your " hey everyone let's be positive, we are winning posts " in the first half.