Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

My second cousin, Lee, was placed into an induced coma last night due to coronavirus. Hoping we can win this one for him and all the other Villa fans on the canvas at the moment! Come on lads! 

Think positive. I have known two people (through others) who have gone through the same and came back out. Best wishes to him. 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Again maybe ignore it? 

Yeah I should. Just annoys me. I think most of that comes from last season and the shouts for him to be sacked. Makes me much more defensive when the same people start up whenever anything isn't perfect. 

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Mings going about his days work competently 👍

He’s about to do his one major **** up in the game and McGinn looks tired and Barkley isn’t doing anything and Dean needs to make a sub and

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Watkins now level on 12 goals with club legends erm...Tony Cascarino, Cyrille Regis and Stiliyan Petrov.

Surely has the chance to get those 20 premier league goals that benteke came so close to getting.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Must have missed those. 

And yes it is better. Because criticising the manager based on just your negative prediction is 

Lots of people here have been of the opinion that Smith is reactionary rather than proactive when it comes to the bench. We win at Southampton. Looks genius that he made no changes. We lose that game - he'd of took valid criticism. I am allowed to voice my opinion on what i think we are or are not doing well. You seem to be a everything is rosy in the garden type fan, as long as we are winning. That's your prerogative.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We were playing much better at the Emirates.

This has reminded me of the Southampton game.

We just can't kee hold of the ball. Keep playing like this and i can see Arsenal getting back into it. Grealish barely touched the ball

We're in a bit of a mini slump, Villa and Jack. Have to play through it and win some ugly.

A bit worried about the lack of control we have. We can't allow Arsenal to just keep walking through us otherwise we will concede. 

I'd probably give Barkley another 20 minutes to see if him and Jack can get something going otherwise bring on Sanson and got to a midfield 3. Maybe Luiz on for Nakamba at some point also. 

Come on Villa.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Criticism is fine. Its the negative predicting based on **** all thats just nonsense. Don't know why we have so many desperate to do it. 

That’s fair enough, sorry if I came across as a bit of dick.

Its becoming extremely polarised and any point of view is labelled as one extreme or the other and it’s just getting exhausting and boring for everyone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Watkins now level on 12 goals with club legends erm...Tony Cascarino, Cyrille Regis and Stiliyan Petrov.

Loved Tony Cascarino, but when wee brought him, we won very few games afterwards If my memory serves me well