Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Buendia - £35m

Bailey - £30m

Ings - £25m

Young - free

Budget this window - £100m plus Jack's fee = £200m

I make that £110m yet to spend, plus probably about £20m from player sales.

We will be transformed. 

Would 100 million be immediately available though? I would imagine that money would be stretched over this and next summers signings.

12 minutes ago, Wes said:

I think this is right. Tuanzebe is the 4th CB.

All the hints are towards Cantwell as the attacking midfielder. I think he is a good player and would do fine, but I hope we don't value his 1 year of Premier League experience over getting perhaps more perceived value elsewhere.

If we're going to get a holding midfielder too... surely one or two midfielders are going to be leaving?

Nakamba was linked to a move away a few weeks ago. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Buendia - £35m

Bailey - £30m

Ings - £25m

Young - free

We will be transformed. 

THIS 

THIS

THIS!

• Like 1

I haven't followed Norwich in the Championship (not sure why anyone would) but I thought Cantwell looked decent when they were in the Prem, bags of ability and potential, maybe he's flattered to deceive but at 23 I would have thought he could be a decent signing if we can get him for 15-20 mil. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

I haven't followed Norwich in the Championship (not sure why anyone would) but I thought Cantwell looked decent when they were in the Prem, bags of ability and potential, maybe he's flattered to deceive but at 23 I would have thought he could be a decent signing if we can get him for 15-20 mil. 

They want £40m

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Would 100 million be immediately available though? I would imagine that money would be stretched over this and next summers signings.

It's always stretched - makes you wonder if villa demanded all of it sooner than usual. However its structured, we have £100m extra from Jack on top of what we had, and wages also freed up compared to giving Jack £200k a week..

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Heck yes he is. One of the best midfielders in Ligue 1. 

For whatever reason, I never feel comfortable with signing midfielders from Ligue 1. I think we've had quite a bad history with them over the years. Maybe i'm just scarred from the Sherwood season :trollface:

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Jack was still flattering to deceive at 23. 

I remember our first few games back in the Premier League, when he needed a bit too much time, some people were saying he might not as good as he thinks he is!

If the transfer committee think Cantwell has the right skills, then i'm all for it. For the right price. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Buendia - £35m

Bailey - £30m

Ings - £25m

Young - free

We will be transformed. 

i think the FFP thread implied we had 73m to spend (exc. Jack), so it is 173m assumed inc. the Jack money (which ofc might be wrong).

So assuming that is correct, 90m spent, 83m to go!

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

i think the FFP thread implied we had 73m to spend (exc. Jack), so it is 173m assumed inc. the Jack money (which ofc might be wrong).

So assuming that is correct, 90m spent, 83m to go!

Aha - but I think maybe £20m extra to sell Connor, Wes and AEG...

• Like 2

I ain't going to be happy until I see Lange's creepy grin and his arms around Lionel Messi for the ultimate in trolling all the big clubs. Make it happen!

Disclaimer: I know this will never happen and it's ridiculous... Still be hilarious.