Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Villan4Life said:

if true! Yes, Yes please, I really rate Damsgaard

Is he really that good?   His defensive stats looks amazing but attacking not so much.  Looks like a Trezequet mk2.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The genius with the Young signing is he can cover both sides.

Young was really good signing. I wasn’t that sure initially but he’s a brilliant addition.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

For whatever reason, I never feel comfortable with signing midfielders from Ligue 1. I think we've had quite a bad history with them over the years. Maybe i'm just scarred from the Sherwood season :trollface:

Lol I understand. He's reportedly available for half what OL wanted last year. I think he almost signed with Arsenal for 50 million but it fell through because his brother/agent wanted an additional 10 million for himself. Doubt it will happen though as I think he plays the same role as Sanson.

Some good Villa PR this. 

News leaks about Jack being subject of a bid... that drags on for a few days, it lets fans get used to the idea he could be leaving. During that time announce Bailey and Ings, giving the fans a huge boost and when the inevitable news about Jack leaving is confirmed, the fans reaction isn't half as bad as it would have been initially. 

This seems to suggest Jack's potential departure has been stage managed for a while

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I ain't going to be happy until I see Lange's creepy grin and his arms around Lionel Messi for the ultimate in trolling all the big clubs. Make it happen!

Disclaimer: I know this will never happen and it's ridiculous... Still be hilarious.

Less of the creepy my guy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeh. Fine with this. 

Ings is competition for Watkins. I don’t buy into the idea of Watkins playing on the left and replacing Grealish. Not one bit. Ings and Watkins gives us options if one is injured or we’re chasing a game, or if we’re competing in cups etc. 

The main priority is replacing Jack. And I won’t be comfortable until we have done that. 

We need a winger and a defensive midfielder. Come on Villa. Let’s get this right and push on. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some good Villa PR this. 

News leaks about Jack being subject of a bid... that drags on for a few days, it lets fans get used to the idea he could be leaving. During that time announce Bailey and Ings, giving the fans a huge boost and when the inevitable news about Jack leaving is confirmed, the fans reaction isn't half as bad as it would have been initially. 

It’s working for me. 

• Like 1