Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I disagree with this entirely.  Buendia is phenomenal and the fact that we managed to sign him for only 35 million will be seen as one of the biggest steals of the transfer window.  Also, I disagree with the notion that our central midfield is not up to par...  We switched from Smith's preferred 433 to a 4231 last season to accommodate Barkley and asked McGinn & Dougie to play deeper than previously.  If Jack goes, we'll go back to playing a lot of high pressing 433 again with a main midfield trio of McGinn, Dougie, & Sanson.  If we bring JWP in or someone similar, we'll have 3 box to box midfielders who will thrive in this system.

We didn't really press a lot back then. We were pretty passive defensively which most likely contributed our terrible defence. I think this was one of the issues TRO was banging on and on about at the time.

Furthermore, are we sure we want to play 3 box to box midfielders? Not a football manager in real life nor am I actually good at the game but that strikes me as having too many of the same types of player in the system.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

That would be worth every penny. Spend another few million buying the sty and a statue of him holding up a Villa shirt :D 

😂 could put a cistern next to the sty and a huge statue of Bellingham having a crap in there 

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m no expert. But I think it boosts it by around £100m.

Haha, well played.

What I meant is, how much it will boost our ability to spend even more money than we originally intended.

Would this depend on the payment structure?

For example, it is was a lump sum of 100 mill, or 75 mill up front, does it majorly improve our FFP standing, and ability to spend say 200 - 250mill?

• Thanks 1

Just now, thabucks said:

It’ll be McNeil won’t it … and I’m not sure how I feel about that … 

Good player with bags of potential but it would be very underwhelming given the fact we have £100m to spend and the entire world to scout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingysilvers said:

Jonathan David would be awesome, mainly so we have more fans here in Canada and the games will be easier to catch in bars. So yeah, throw all of the Jack money at him.

He's a very good player, too, not near his peak yet.  I think he'd be a great acquisition, Canadian homerism aside.

My gut feeling is there will be one more “big” signing (£30m+). Maybe a midfielder.

In addition to that I think there will be one or two loan (with a view to permanent) deals, maybe another £10-15m signing.

I think this season is now going to be a transitional one, see how we get on without our former captain, and then next summer will be when the majority of the Grealish money is spent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Yes please

Watkins
Damsgaard - Buendia - Bailey

Be a big improvement on last season I feel. 

I'm not excited about him....

He was really good at the Euros but by all accounts he hasn't played like that for his club team.

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Would love Pereira to replace Grealish Equally good at free kicks and corners as JWP but with real skill on tbe ball as a 10 or winger

He lives locally too and wants to leave. I think there's a deal to be done there, but by the sounds of it we aren't interested. I wonder if that will change with Grealish's imminent departure.

More signings of the same quality and ilk as Bailey and Buendia please, I trust Lange and the recruitment team to get it right. Other clubs will now undoubtedly try and screw us on prices. 

Still an exciting season ahead regardless of Jack going. 

• Like 1

I guess RB Leipzig players are out of bounds and a current stretch too far … They have a load of class players in the attacking third … Christopher Nkunku fits all criteria … Lookman would be very underwhelming ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Watkins

Bailey.       Kamada.      Buendia.

JWP. /Luiz            Sanson /McGinn.

Targett.  Mings.   Konsa.    Cash

El Gato.

• Like 1