Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We need a direct replacement for Jack - it's going to be Cantwell isn't it - slots into the same position and has been playing alongside Buendia.

That would do for me tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Whatever we do, we better not make a "statement signing" as that means large transfer fee and large wages. We need to stick with the 30 million range of players. One more signing to the squad a Midfielder or forward and we're good to go next season.

The Jack money isn't going to vanish. Itll be there to be spent if the right players are available at the right prices. We just need to look at the other teams who we'll leap next season. All bar the top 4/5 are now targets realistically

Now is the time to invest for me. We should spend a good portion of the 100 million now and look to finish as high as possible and look to overtake a few teams above. If we hold out until next season what is to stop others wanting to leave? Let’s take advantage of the fact that we are about to get 100 million and there are clubs across Europe that need money.

• Like 1

Listen to baileys father (the legend Craig) he said Leon can play across the front 3 but the right is his preferred position

EMI B seems very much like he is either  right sided or a 10

Traore is right sided cover

Left forward has to be priority , yes we are short of back up to Ollie but that is second priority right now

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Martin Odegaard & Jonathan David then sander berge and Caleta-car and we are sorted. Get it done I’d accept Latauro Martinez 

lolz 

Jonathan David and pay what Juve can’t for Locatelli. That’s a side to get European football.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

If I at to guess Bailey cost over £40 million, I know things have changed at the German club but even last year they rejected £45 million from the likes of United etc. Still, a cracking deal potentially.

My transfer app says £27m

8 hours ago, Danishlad said:

Curtis Jones?? A player Klopp thinks can develop into a first eleven player at Liverpool and help them win major trophies? 
Nah not for us- he is shit!!

I hope the sarcasm comes through in this post.

Fook off with that, I never said he was shit. Stop being a child. That’s great that Kopp thinks he can develop into a great player but I’m hoping for developed midfielders who can help us win now. Especially with Jack going.

Although I guess now we can afford Jones and a starting midfielder.

59 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

In a way, we're kind of lucky that Grealish plays in a position we already have lots of options in. Of course none of them are as good as Grealish, but I think the likes of Buendia, Bailey, Traore and El Ghazi are good enough wing options for us.

Imo, its the central midfield that's dragging us down. We desperately need  upgrade in that area and I hope the Grealish money will be used to bring in a quality midfielder in there. 50m all round quality DM with Sanson and Mcginn playing in front of him would be great. And we'd still have another 50m to spend.

I disagree with this entirely.  Buendia is phenomenal and the fact that we managed to sign him for only 35 million will be seen as one of the biggest steals of the transfer window.  Also, I disagree with the notion that our central midfield is not up to par...  We switched from Smith's preferred 433 to a 4231 last season to accommodate Barkley and asked McGinn & Dougie to play deeper than previously.  If Jack goes, we'll go back to playing a lot of high pressing 433 again with a main midfield trio of McGinn, Dougie, & Sanson.  If we bring JWP in or someone similar, we'll have 3 box to box midfielders who will thrive in this system.

I think the boards strategy of buying up as many talented youngsters as possible is a very sound plan, hopefully we can get three world class players maturing in the team at the same time. This then mitigates the Man City effect. They won't be able to nullify our team with one transfer. I know it is a slow burner, but in five years time we will be a real threat in this league.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Martin Odegaard & Jonathan David then sander berge and Caleta-car and we are sorted. Get it done I’d accept Latauro Martinez 

lolz 

I'm not sure a couple of Norwegians are the answer here. And if it is, let's save the money for Haaland next summer, when he's got a €75m release clause 

Might be late.

However i'm wondering if any of our finance guys could tell us, just HOW much this 100 mill boosts our spending ability this window?

I'm assuming it's a huge boost.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, catanzaro said:

I think the boards strategy of buying up as many talented youngsters as possible is a very sound plan, hopefully we can get three world class players maturing in the team at the same time. This then mitigates the Man City effect. They won't be able to nullify our team with one transfer. I know it is a slow burner, but in five years time we will be a real threat in this league.

This.  Grealish leaving is a setback to our European challenge next season but might help us more in 3-5 years (only if we reinvest properly).  

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We need a direct replacement for Jack - it's going to be Cantwell isn't it - slots into the same position and has been playing alongside Buendia.

bailey - buendia - traore

maybe still on the hunt for alvarez as cover and a number 10 too

i dont think we can or will directly replace him, we'll change it up

and hopefully spend the biggest chunk of the money on a CM

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Jude Bellingham… can you imagine! 😂 I think we could get him for £85m?

That would be worth every penny. Spend another few million buying the sty and a statue of him holding up a Villa shirt :D 

• Haha 2