Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We need more Bailey type signings now. Players that the big boys were interested in but never made the move for him for whatever reason. 

Agree, needs to be proven quality in the 30-40m bracket, 2 of them and from major leagues where the risk of failure is lessened.

Just now, maqroll said:

Big pressure on Villa to complete more signings quickly. Let's hope they are lined up, ready to go. Season starts in 10 days!

True, but the window doesn’t SLAM SHUT until 31st Aug 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If you’d have told me a few weeks ago we’d be signing Bailey for less than £40million I’d have laughed. We have the money to spend I don’t think it’s impossible 

It's not 

Bailey has already signed. 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If you’d have told me a few weeks ago we’d be signing Bailey for less than £40million I’d have laughed. We have the money to spend I don’t think it’s impossible 

If I at to guess Bailey cost over £40 million, I know things have changed at the German club but even last year they rejected £45 million from the likes of United etc. Still, a cracking deal potentially.

Whatever we do, we better not make a "statement signing" as that means large transfer fee and large wages. We need to stick with the 30 million range of players. One more signing to the squad a Midfielder or forward and we're good to go next season.

The Jack money isn't going to vanish. Itll be there to be spent if the right players are available at the right prices. We just need to look at the other teams who we'll leap next season. All bar the top 4/5 are now targets realistically

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Whatever we do, we better not make a "statement signing" as that means large transfer fee and large wages. We need to stick with the 30 million range of players. One more signing to the squad a Midfielder or forward and we're good to go next season.

The Jack money isn't going to vanish. Itll be there to be spent if the right players are available at the right prices. We just need to look at the other teams who we'll leap next season. All bar the top 4/5 are now targets realistically

Hopefully under the age of 22 also. We should be aiming for top potential.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Let the silly season begin … Giovanni Reyna? 

Would be unbelievable, but I don't see Dortmund letting both Reyna and Sancho go this summer, especially with the interest in Haaland by several clubs still present.  

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We need a direct replacement for Jack - it's going to be Cantwell isn't it - slots into the same position and has been playing alongside Buendia.

We could do a lot worse, but Norwich will want more than Buendia, and I wouldn't feel £35-40m on Cantwell would be money well spent.