Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

There's no concrete links at the moment, and no movement it seems - But then ESR hasn't ruled himself out or signed a new contract and is presumably our main target...I'm not saying we'll sign him, but we may not have given up hope.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'm sorry but I don't agree. Yes we need a CB and GK cover but if we sign 3 squad players and only one first team player we haven't improved all that much (especially as teams around us will be stronger if they bring in their targets - as we're seeing is happening now with both Spuds and Arse signing players).

I've heard Sanson won't be fit for the start of the season, Doug is at the Olympics so will almost certainly miss the first 2/3 games. I like Nakamba but if we don't sign a starting DM we've lost it especially as that would have needed strengthening whether we had a fully fit team or not. And another starting attacking player (either out wide or in the no 10) is necessary given the inconsistency of both Traore and AEG. 

We need another 2 first team players if we're to really improve next season imo.

Two first team players will improve us,agreed. Spuds and Arsenal are a shambles so I'm not to concerned, West Ham and Lesta have Europe to worry about.

We'll get out business done, I'm just to concerned they haven't been brought in yet. Euros and Copa America would slow the process if our targets we're playing in the latter stages especially

Like I said, current squad with the talented youngsters coming in will be fine for the start. Providing Jack stays...

Neigh need to panic yet 

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It's all well and good saying this but the rumour was Smith wanted his signings in early and so far we've only added one first team player (Buendia) and there's less than 4 weeks now until our first game. 

We have a decent start fixture wise to the season, an opportunity to get off to a great start before a tough run of fixtures from match 4 onwards. If we f*** up those first three games because we moved slowly on transfers or didn't target the requisite quality we'll come to massively regret it. 

I'd still say it's early because the Euros would have delayed a majority of deals for those players, and thus the knock on effect they have on other transfers.  There were similar worries last season and we suddenly got a few in quite quickly from what I remember.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

young and buendia perhaps thats all we wil get

Unlikely, I remember the exact same comments coming out around early September last year. We then signed Ollie and it kicked off. 

patience. People are on holiday. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd still say it's early because the Euros would have delayed a majority of deals for those players, and thus the knock on effect they have on other transfers.  There were similar worries last season and we suddenly got a few in quite quickly from what I remember.  

True. Last summer it took around 5 or 6 weeks to get our first signing, then the others followed.

I guess my worry is the links to players not good enough to move us forward, though the links are tending to come from very dubious sources that I wouldn't trust. 

Hopefully my worries will all be averted in the coming weeks when we pick up 1-2 big signings to really improve us. 

12 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

smith getting things done early and whats happend to alvarez

You know that deals take time, right? And just cos Smith wants deals done early it doesn't mean he gets deals done early.