Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I completely agree with the concern on the midfielders getting dominated, but I think the management are looking to aleviate that pressure by having a ball carrier in front of them, rather than a pragmatic player behind them. There's pro's and cons to both and I like a balanced 433, but I think Deano might prefer the creativity of a 4231. Ideally it'd be nice to have a solid option for both systems.

With the centre back I haven't really heard of any youth prospects the club are raving about, but who knows how the younger players are developing. If they believe in a Revan, Bridge etc then someone like Cahill would be ideal to be honest. I just fear that none of them are ready to step up, and we may have to splash out a bit here on some more adequate cover as opposed to a stop gap.

They were fine at the start of the season, when Jack was fit, after his injury we found maintaining possession more difficult.  The issue was the number of times the midfield was run at, during 90 mins, rather than their ability.

With Jack and Emi this season, I expect us to retain possession for longer, which will ease the burden on the midfield behind them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

That's why I think we have such a tough task ahead finding the right player for this. He needs to be young enough to improve, but inexperienced enough to not expect to start every week, whislt still having the ability to replace Konsa when required. Ideally you would also want him to speak the language or have previous experience in the Premier League, and we don't want him to cost a fortune as the majority of funds are probably still required for one or two midfielders.

Good luck Johan.

We need a Fofana.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

That's why I think we have such a tough task ahead finding the right player for this. He needs to be young enough to improve, but inexperienced enough to not expect to start every week, whislt still having the ability to replace Konsa when required. Ideally you would also want him to speak the language or have previous experience in the Premier League, and we don't want him to cost a fortune as the majority of funds are probably still required for one or two midfielders.

Good luck Johan.

Kabak at £8.5million ticks a lot of boxes - intrigued what the plan is … His fellow CB at Schalke Malick Thiaw was linked to plop before they signed Kabak so obviously a talented player. 

That's a few slow transfer windows in a row now. I don't mean for us specifically, more the PL at large. It does seem to be affecting us though, at least in our aims of getting all our business done early. Probably the clubs who own the contracts of the players we want are stuck in chains trying to sort their own business out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Good luck Johan.

This is why Hause was such a great signing - £3m, 22, athletic and had a decent loan spell with us.
Just need a right footed version - preferably with a round head, rather than all the angles that Kortney must have which means his attacking headers go off at such random angles.

• Like 1

Need a CB, as we've only got one as cover. Apart from that I'd say our priority is a top class DCM rather than any forwards at the mo. It's probably taking time as we've got to get good value again, they've been great at it so far but it's not easy. We've lost oodles of pounds again so it's hard to see us going big on whoever we might be bringing in before the window SLAMS SHUT.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Just the level of vitriol, not the sentiment. You looked at your weaponry and thought 'the pistol won't do it, I'll crack out the anti air cannon'

Bravo.

Only because I hadn’t got a cruise missile handy. The long term damage that man did to us can’t be underestimated or understated. Now step aside and pass me my intergalactic, long range, MPX44 MK3, outer space, nuclear, sonic, ray gun, combat pro, black ops model, with optional laser sights. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Only because I hadn’t got a cruise missile handy. The long term damage that man did to us can’t be underestimated or understated. Now step aside and pass me my intergalactic, long range, MPX44 MK3, outer space, nuclear, sonic, ray gun, combat pro, black ops model, with optional laser sights. 

Not a thermal sight? 

• Haha 1

Bryan Gil going to Spurs in a Lamela + money deal. Someone I like, really promising creative player. If we hadn't got Buendia, I could see Gil having been on the list for that kind of role for Villa.

Transfers slowly ramping up across the league...

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

No you are!

Spider-Man GIF by memecandy

I never go over the top, I’m the most balanced man in our house. I’m sure my wife would testify as to my calm demeanour and balanced views on subjects ranging from the double pivot, growing hydrangeas in acidic soil on a partially shaded site and the societal impact of the wonder bra. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

This clamouring for a specific CAM is a little old fashioned. Liverscum won the league with a 6 and two 8's. Deano only last season played with a '10' normally it's a 6 n two 8's.

Our 10's will be Jack and Buendia from the flanks. 

doesn't have to be a 10 necessarily for me, can be whatever number you like as long as he ticks the "play off jack" role, 10 is obviously the one that makes the most sense

someone who either plays in the space that is generated by jack being double marked or means that they cant double mark jack, could be buendia, i think at least at some point next season we'll see him in that role rather than chalk on his boots on the right

tahts why i like the idea of alvarez, someone who just plays around jack in a multitude of positions 

Just now, villa4europe said:

doesn't have to be a 10 necessarily for me, can be whatever number you like as long as he ticks the "play off jack" role, 10 is obviously the one that makes the most sense

someone who either plays in the space that is generated by jack being double marked or means that they cant double mark jack, could be buendia, i think at least at some point next season we'll see him in that role rather than chalk on his boots on the right

tahts why i like the idea of alvarez, someone who just plays around jack in a multitude of positions 

To be fair in the initial comments on the transfer of Buendia, Dean said he can play wide or as a 10 so he's clearly in his thinking for there as well.

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

This clamouring for a specific CAM is a little old fashioned. Liverscum won the league with a 6 and two 8's. Deano only last season played with a '10' normally it's a 6 n two 8's.

Our 10's will be Jack and Buendia from the flanks. 

I'm not sure it's "old fashioned" really, more so just in keeping with what seems to be the case which is that the club are actively pursuing a 10. There wasn't a huge amount of chat about a player in that position until it became clear from the ESR bids that it's a position they're seeking to fill.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think we'll get 1 this summer and 1 next summer rather than both of them now

midfield going in to this season of luiz, mcginn, sanson, nakamba, chuk and ramsey, maybe ramsey x 2 by the end of it

hopefully smith has the confidence to use nakamba more, especially with the summer luiz is having

if we could get Kamara and Alvarez for less than £30m id buzz my tits off, i think out of all the rumours to everyone else Kamara to Newcastle for £15m would be the one that pisses me off

We desperately need a new Midfielder and another winger. Trez is practically out for the full season. Even with young as cover we basically only have 4.5 players for 3 positions fully fit. And Luiz won't be 100% ready for the first week if the season and nakamba will miss a month of the season due to the afcon. McGinn needs to be rotated as well. And if we get a longterm injury we could be left with only 2 or 3 long players for the most important position on the pitch. If nakamba is off on afcon. We could end up with 2 of Luiz, McGinn and Sanson and Ramsey who should be going out on loan.