Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

35 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think that there’s a bit in this Will Hughes rumour. He only has a year left on his contract and is refusing to sign a new one. He is currently training away from the rest of the team according to a mate of mine who supports Watford. He is certain that Hughes is off to another PL club. It was reported that Shakespeare is a massive fan. Seems possible I think.

Its a no from me. Poor stats over 3 seasons in the PL and had a very mediocre season in the championship. If we are going to push for European places we need better than Will Hughes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Its a no from me. Poor stats over 3 seasons in the PL and had a very mediocre season in the championship. If we are going to push for European places we need better than Will Hughes. 

We need some height and presence in that midfield. We cant afford to get bypassed as easily as a lot of last season 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

We don't discriminate against the size of your cut here mate. You're safe here. 

Well a lot of people have called me a Big Cut recently so I wasn’t sure 😂

Our transfer links are pretty depressing currently. Will Hughes is quite frankly a joke if we want to challenge for Europe and won't improve our first team and wouldn't really add much to our squad except add another body to it.

I guess I can live with Bettinelli as no2 GK but God forbid Emi gets injured. I would have thought Hennessey would have been a safer bet as no2. 

I was really excited by the Buendia signing but since then it's been pretty mediocre. Young is decent for the squad but doesn't improve the first team. 

Not sure why we're not looking at a first team DM (especially with Luiz missing the start of the season) - someone like Locatelli would be a real marquee signing but failing that why not look at Anguissa or Berge who are too good for the Champ and at a good age. Or Kamara from Marseille who seems to be available at a good price. 

Since we seemed to have failed with ESR no other links have materialised with a no10 - don't know why we wouldn't look at Aouar who keeps being linked to the PL.

Right now with our current squad I'd be surprised if we do much better than last season. I thought our aim was to bridge that gap from 11th to top 7 especially in keeping hold of Jack for the foreseeable. And with our opening three fixtures a great opportunity to get off to a flying start, if we f up because we didn't sign players in time you would have to question our actions. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

The last thing I want is a GK who’s weak at saving close range shots and weak at catching crosses! 🤣

Just had a quick read up in him, he's deceptive, haven't seen him a great deal but has always looked solid. The stats say he's awful.

3 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

No one is really doing much ATM, Everton have signed Townsend on a free with not much else happening in the league. 

No rush. Just need all the Jack nonsense to be done

It's all well and good saying this but the rumour was Smith wanted his signings in early and so far we've only added one first team player (Buendia) and there's less than 4 weeks now until our first game. 

We have a decent start fixture wise to the season, an opportunity to get off to a great start before a tough run of fixtures from match 4 onwards. If we f*** up those first three games because we moved slowly on transfers or didn't target the requisite quality we'll come to massively regret it. 

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It's all well and good saying this but the rumour was Smith wanted his signings in early and so far we've only added one first team player (Buendia) and there's less than 4 weeks now until our first game. 

We have a decent start fixture wise to the season, an opportunity to get off to a great start before a tough run of fixtures from match 4 onwards. If we f*** up those first three games because we moved slowly on transfers or didn't target the requisite quality we'll come to massively regret it. 

We have more than enough in the squad to handle those fixtures, every manager wants their targets in early. We've got Wes back and Sanson plus the youth lads that can step up. The covid outbreak plus Jack getting injured crippled us last season, I truly believe we will be flying this season. 

We need CB cover, GK cover. Everything else is a bonus now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

We have more than enough in the squad to handle those fixtures, every manager wants their targets in early. We've got Wes back and Sanson plus the youth lads that can step up. The covid outbreak plus Jack getting injured crippled us last season, I truly believe we will be flying this season. 

We need CB cover, GK cover. Everything else is a bonus now. 

I'm sorry but I don't agree. Yes we need a CB and GK cover but if we sign 3 squad players and only one first team player we haven't improved all that much (especially as teams around us will be stronger if they bring in their targets - as we're seeing is happening now with both Spuds and Arse signing players).

I've heard Sanson won't be fit for the start of the season, Doug is at the Olympics so will almost certainly miss the first 2/3 games. I like Nakamba but if we don't sign a starting DM we've lost it especially as that would have needed strengthening whether we had a fully fit team or not. And another starting attacking player (either out wide or in the no 10) is necessary given the inconsistency of both Traore and AEG. 

We need another 2 first team players if we're to really improve next season imo.