Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

Please Villa, chuck us a scrap of a transfer rumour 🙏. Any spurious old shite will do -  we're running on fumes here!  

Feel like there's a signing within the next 3 or 4 days that will come from nowhere. 

3 hours ago, sne said:

That's what I think makes most sense considering the players we already have at the club. This might change of course if we bring in quality or lose someone.

Hope we go 4-3-3.

Why? If we go 4-3-3 we have 4 players for 3 positions essentially (Ramsey needs to go out on loan) if we go 4-2-3-1 we have 4 players for 3 positions essentially. We need 1 for both imo. 4 for 2 is concerning when we nakamba is going to miss a month and it is the position that should be rotated most heavily. 

And so what if that is how Liverpool did it. We aren't them. City arguably play a 4-1-4-1 (with 4 behind the striker and holding not just 2 cms) and they are among the most dominant sides in Premier league history. 4-2-3-1 is an excelled structure for a team. Also Liverpool had 2 of the most creative full backs ever who had outlier seasons especially Taa. We don't have that frankly. So we need more creativity in our midfield. 

28 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'm not sure it's "old fashioned" really, more so just in keeping with what seems to be the case which is that the club are actively pursuing a 10. There wasn't a huge amount of chat about a player in that position until it became clear from the ESR bids that it's a position they're seeking to fill.

I mean there was maybe not by the club but then there generally isn't a huge amount from them anyway. But most wanted another Lw or Cam. And another DM as well. 

17 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Please Villa, chuck us a scrap of a transfer rumour 🙏. Any spurious old shite will do -  we're running on fumes here!  

skysports-milot-rashica-werder-bremen_49

Edited by TheStagMan

32 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I mean there was maybe not by the club but then there generally isn't a huge amount from them anyway. But most wanted another Lw or Cam. And another DM as well. 

That's what I was essentially saying, I was replying to the notion of a CAM being the "specific" position folk were talking about. It was widely acknowledged we needed more in attacking areas but there was more talk of wingers etc until Villa started bidding for a 10 and reports (pinches salt) said that was the position looking to be filled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I never go over the top, I’m the most balanced man in our house. I’m sure my wife would testify as to my calm demeanour and balanced views on subjects ranging from the double pivot, growing hydrangeas in acidic soil on a partially shaded site and the societal impact of the wonder bra. 

Moving Friends Tv GIF

Season 5 Shut Up GIF by Friends

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's the Scum so it's rubbish and not true, but he had a good season anyway. 

I was just giving what was requested😀😉

2 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

And I agree he did have a good season

Edited by markc