Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

'One player who is likely to move between the clubs, though, is youngster Finn Azaz.

It is believed he has turned down a new deal with the Baggies in favour of moving to Villa.

Azaz joined Albion at the age of nine and spent last season out on loan at Cheltenham.

But it is understood he now plans to leave the club for Villa – with reports suggesting they will immediately send him out on loan to Newport County.

Villa are also understood to have agreed a deal to sign fellow Albion youngster Tim Iroegbunam.'

Express and Star

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

'One player who is likely to move between the clubs, though, is youngster Finn Azaz.

It is believed he has turned down a new deal with the Baggies in favour of moving to Villa.

Azaz joined Albion at the age of nine and spent last season out on loan at Cheltenham.

But it is understood he now plans to leave the club for Villa – with reports suggesting they will immediately send him out on loan to Newport County.

Villa are also understood to have agreed a deal to sign fellow Albion youngster Tim Iroegbunam.'

Express and Star

I mean, most of our new youth team set up came from West Brom, so it only makes sense to keep poaching prospects they know very well and recommend.  I don't anticipate any of them to break into the first team, but if we can make a few million off transfer fees, it'll pay for a lot of the improvements we've made to the organization.  

Iroegbunam was their academy player of the season which isn't an easy thing to achieve as they have a lot of good players in their youth teams, and looking at comments from Albion fans that follow their youngsters they all seem to agree as well that he was far and away their best player, I watched him a few times myself and thought he was one of the standouts, if he signs I think he's someone we will have high hopes for.

Despite him being reported as older elsewhere, according to the West Brom website he only turned eighteen late last month, he's actually younger than Barry, so still young enough to have a season with our U23s.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

McNeil for £25m is complete bullshit… why would Burnley sell one of their most valued assets who is on a long contract on the cheap?

It’s not going to happen but I don’t think anyone would complain if that actually was the asking price…no way it is though.

Minimum £40m, just to open negotiations, I would think and that’s being generous. £50-60m seems more realistic.

Absolutely not worth it. 

Burnley have no need or desire to sell, would take mega bucks to tempt them I’m sure…

It’s just more media/online/Twitter BS and there is going to be a lot more of that now… 🤦‍♂️

Exactly no way will he be less than 40 and I expect 50m plus

You would have to be mad to buy him instead of a foreign player.

• Like 1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9802553/amp/Chelsea-teenager-Lewis-Bate-facing-uncertain-future-delays-signing-new-contract.html

Chelsea prospect Lewis Bate is subject of interest from four of their Premier League rivals.

The Chelsea future of England under-19 midfielder Bate is uncertain.

He has one year left on his current contract and is one of a number of Blues youngsters to have delayed signing a new deal to remain at Stamford Bridge.

Be gutted if Leeds, West Ham or Southampton get Lewis Bate - we are hopefully all over this one with JT avin a word. We should be looking to snare the best talents of the peripheries of The elite club squads . Just look how good most Man Utd & all recent PSG youth players do in their careers when they leave. Tariq lamptey is a great player in the mould of Saka and cost Brighton £million  - now worth £30mill+ 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9802553/amp/Chelsea-teenager-Lewis-Bate-facing-uncertain-future-delays-signing-new-contract.html

Be gutted if Leeds, West Ham or Southampton get Lewis Bate - we are hopefully all over this one with JT avin a word. We should be looking to snare the best talents of the peripheries of The elite club squads . Just look how good most Man Utd & all recent PSG youth players do in their careers when they leave. Tariq lamptey is a great player in the mould of Saka and cost Brighton £million  - now worth £30mill+ 

Lewis Bate is signing for Leeds if his Instagram is anything to go by. Followed pretty much the entire Leeds team.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Lewis Bate is signing for Leeds if his Instagram is anything to go by. Followed pretty much the entire Leeds team.

Gutting … Oh well can cannot sign them all 

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

As Smith Rowe isn’t happening, I’d quite like us to look at Yari Verschaeren. A 20-year old ACM from Anderlecht who has 1 in 6 for the Belgian national team. Potentially class.

That goal was a penalty against san marino iirc  🙂

far from the finished product, but loads of potential.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

What's so special about Lewis Bate that it's gutting that we're not signing him, is he any more highly rated than any of Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, Raikhy, or potentially Iroegbunam. It's not as if we're desperate for academy midfielders, we're well stacked in that regard.

We've got one of the best if not the best academies in the country at the moment, I think we need to get past the idea that just because a player has come from Chelsea or some other top six side's academy that they're going to be better than what we already have.

You are completely right and I was being a tad unrealistic to expect us to Hoover up all the best young talent, forgetting we actually possess so much of our own. Raikhy Is actually the one who must excites me. We know Carney should be class and JPB wanted by Leipzig so nuff said but he’s somewhat of an unknown quantity, I hope he makes it here for a multitude of reasons. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Express and Star

Finn Azaz, nice. His brother Gill plays for Chesterborough.

Yeah Gollini was poor for us and it wasn't the right environment either. 

Doesn't matter now, we've got Emi

• Like 3