Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i dont see us dropping 15m on a back up CB

Maybe we get him for less as a way of them to pay for the Samatta transfer? No idea if Fenerbahce have paid the full £5m of whatever it was yet.

I could see us paying around £7m-£10m for a rotation CB. Probably bs thou, we seem to be linked with players from Turkey all the time these days.

2 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Never seen him play, but it’s the wise thing to do. The Leicester thing to do. I’d be all for it. 

He played 90 mins in all 3 games for Hungary at the Euro's. He's a big un, tall and strong left footed CB. 

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

£15m is barely anything these days.

it's still a fair chunk. it's a bertrand traore, ezri konsa or matty cash. i'd be expecting a first team player for that sort of money

• Confused 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

it's still a fair chunk. it's a bertrand traore, ezri konsa or matty cash. i'd be expecting a first team player for that sort of money

A backup CB when we bought him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t you rate him?

He's OK. Massively overrated. Capable of tge odd stellar game and then not much for ages. I haven't seen anything to put him ahead of players we already have, even at youth level.

He's always a player who's caught the eye for me on MOTD and our matches but without seeing all of his matches I'd imagine most on here wont be in position to make a true judgement on the player. 

He's young (21) with pretty much 3 full seasons of PL experience behind him. That is very good going in anyone's book. He can come in and hit the ground running with huge room to get better as well. 

He's a hard worker. All the attacking players we've signed/been linked with seem to share this. Good. Seems we've learnt the Barkley lesson. 

His stats are OK, given he's in a team which doesnt score much. Hopefully the stats gurus have worked out he would be more prolific with us. 

Is he better than El Ghazi (for me yes, very clearly). Is he good enough to get us where we want to be? Don't know. Thats the stats and potential bit. 

In Smith/Lange we trust. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Looked impressive at the Euros, and appears to be highly rated.  Do Fenerbache owe us any money for Samatta ? 

Pretty sure that deal was completed, almost as soon as the window opened?

McNeil for £25m is complete bullshit… why would Burnley sell one of their most valued assets who is on a long contract on the cheap?

It’s not going to happen but I don’t think anyone would complain if that actually was the asking price…no way it is though.

Minimum £40m, just to open negotiations, I would think and that’s being generous. £50-60m seems more realistic.

Absolutely not worth it. 

Burnley have no need or desire to sell, would take mega bucks to tempt them I’m sure…

It’s just more media/online/Twitter BS and there is going to be a lot more of that now… 🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1