Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

When does the window close this year ? - have we gone back to the old system where the the window is still open when the season starts ? 

League Country Transfer window opens Transfer window closes
Premier League England June 9, 2021 August 31, 2021
Bundesliga Germany July 1, 2021 August 31, 2021
Ligue 1 France July 1, 2021 August 31, 2021
La Liga Spain July 1, 2021 August 31, 2021
Serie A Italy July 1, 2021 August 31, 2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

It’s all budget dependant, honestly If it were possible to get next summers budget as well I would spend it now and have nothing next summer there as so many great option for us.

Milenkovic, Kamara and De Arrascaeta out of the names I’ve seen for just 60 million is so cheap. Granted I’ve not seen the last one play but the stats are insane.

I was asking about CBs as I can’t think of many, but I would love us to get those 3 players you mentioned…

Especially instead of a single British/PL based player such as JWP or McNeil for anywhere near that figure, ludicrous.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Just out of interest where would you see an ACM fitting in to our staring 11?

Would you see it something like this:

McGinn     Luiz

Traore       Buendia      Grealish

ACM

Ollie

Emi is a RW, he played 0 games centrally last year

McGinn   Luiz

Buendia   ACM   Grealish

Ollie

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Buendia moved to the left hand side. So we could be after a RW. 

I wouldn't get too caught up in actual positions, but it would be nice to add another left footed player to our attacking line up just to balance. 

Why would we sign the Championships Best RW, with the Prems best LW in the squad and then play them both out of position?

There is a case for Jack to go central, and both are able to do free roles, but signing a RW now when we have Buendia and Traore would be madness

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Milenkovic, Kamara and De Arrascaeta

Would love all three too, doesn’t Milenkovic also take a fair few free kicks as well, similar to JWP?

19 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We need technical players who can maintain possession under pressure, rather than some 'big unit DM' which some people on here are fixated with. 

According to reports/what Smith alluded to during the season, he believes this himself and it appears as though it's reflected both in the business Villa have already done in Buendia and are seeking to continue to do in Smith Rowe/an attacking midfielder. We lacked control in games because despite the good numbers posted by Traore and AEG, without Grealish we had no consistency in terms of being able to maintain possession and often surrendered it in dangerous areas. Can definitely appreciate the logic as it's not something that even a more rounded DM would address in itself.

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Emi is a RW, he played 0 games centrally last year

McGinn   Luiz

Buendia   ACM   Grealish

Ollie

That was sort of my point, in that who do we move where. An exciting problem to have :) 

I think we’ll go big on a starting No10, get Alvarez as frontline cover too or when we need a bit of pace in the side. Wesley is another option off the bench or a false No9 option. We’d then have some front 3/4 options. KD39 out on loan to a decent championship side as well. 

Midfield’s our Achilles heel though, get that sorted and we’d be a proper side. 

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Who’s this ACM people keep going on about? Is he any good?

De Arrascaeta?

He plays in South America for Uruguay national team and Flamengo in the Brazilian League. 

Realistically very few of us have seen him play at all and majority of those who have is probably for a few minutes in the Copa America.

But his numbers are insane (6 Goals,6 Assists in 16 games all comps in 2021) 11&15 from 47 apps in 19/20. His numbers are great and he's supposedly rated as one of the top #10s in the Brazilian League, which is always promising.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

Midfield’s our Achilles heel though, get that sorted and we’d be a proper side. 

Barkley was our Achilles heel in midfield. I posted earlier 7 wins 2 draws 3 losses when he was out. Buendia is massive upgrade in midfield especially defensively

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would love all three too, doesn’t Milenkovic also take a fair few free kicks as well, similar to JWP?

That's Milenkovic-Savic, the midfielder who, yes scored joint most FKs last year with JWP. He'd be insane signing but likely north of £60m.

Nikola Milenkovic is a CB

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Barkley was our Achilles heel in midfield. I posted earlier 7 wins 2 draws 3 losses when he was out. Buendia is massive upgrade in midfield especially defensively

Won't play same position. Emi improves upon Traores lack of defensive ability but won't play instead of Barkley

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

e Arrascaeta?

He plays in South America for Uruguay national team and Flamengo in the Brazilian League. 

Realistically very few of us have seen him play at all and majority of those who have is probably for a few minutes in the Copa America.

But his numbers are insane (6 Goals,6 Assists in 16 games all comps in 2021) 11&15 from 47 apps in 19/20. His numbers are great and he's supposedly rated as one of the top #10s in the Brazilian League, which is always promising.

I was being a bit sarky asking who ACM was 🤪 cheers for the De Arrascaeta info though, I agree, he’d be amazing. 

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Won't play same position. Emi improves upon Traores lack of defensive ability but won't play instead of Barkley

Doesn't matter regards defensive contributions. Buendia was 6th in Championship last season tackles per game. Most leagues you won't see attacking mid in top 20 probably not even top 30 players

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

They maybe looking at playing 433 or Sanson or McGinn as a 10. How much had you heard of ESR before the window? I knew of him because he was cheap in fantasy football so had eye on him but ended up not buying. Never looked at him as a must buy like some are saying since the link. Another thing is successful teams gel with the same core team over a few seasons making strategic additions over several windows. Chucking in 3-4 new 1st XI players has as much if not more chance as backfiring as being successful. There's no reason the core team plus Buendia won't improve massively on last season. I really think some people approach team building like it's a computer game.

nailed it GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1