Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

50 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Reports from Southampton are that they've received no bids for JWP and journos have history of inventing transfer rumours. I know which side I believe

Reports from a journo discredited by Southampton fans stated no bids, whereas an established Telegraph journalist who has no history of "inventing" transfer rumours stated it.  Again, you quote to suit your narrative.

My statement still stands, you have absolutely no clue and yet you made a statement as though you know for sure?  

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

Reports from a journo discredited by Southampton fans stated no bids, whereas an established Telegraph journalist who has no history of "inventing" transfer rumours stated it.  Again, you quote to suit your narrative.

My statement still stands, you have absolutely no clue and yet you made a statement as though you know for sure?  

Which Telegraph journalist?

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I dunno what striker we should buy. Tammy works for me, loan or not.

What I do know is that if Ollie gets injured and we have to rely on Davis or Wesley our season is essentially over.

Traore has much better strike rate in similar amount of games at CF/Striker as Josh King who many wanted to sign last season.

Most of Traore goals last season were taking up striker positions

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

As you were, Guardian, still not twitter amateur!

Never broken a transfer in his life. Read the article. It says JWP best free kick taker in PL after Grealish said Villa no good at free kicks. Fishing for gullible clicks 

For me, if available, £40 million for Tammy is a steal. Young ,talented, will probably be an England regular for years to come. He knows where the goal is, knows the fans are right behind him as well. Would I buy him just to sit on the bench? No, he could be used in many ways, a season is long, sometimes you need to change things up, maybe move Watkins for certain opponents, maybe play Tammy instead of Watkins to rest him etc. And who wouldn't want that kind of competition in the squad. Last season if things weren't working, we had very little on the bench to change things up. Having Tammy and Watkins available would mean there was fierce competition for places. Seems a no-brainer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

For me, if available, £40 million for Tammy is a steal. Young ,talented, will probably be an England regular for years to come. He knows where the goal is, knows the fans are right behind him as well. Would I buy him just to sit on the bench? No, he could be used in many ways, a season is long, sometimes you need to change things up, maybe move Watkins for certain opponents, maybe play Tammy instead of Watkins to rest him etc. And who wouldn't want that kind of competition in the squad. Last season if things weren't working, we had very little on the bench to change things up. Having Tammy and Watkins available would mean there was fierce competition for places. Seems a no-brainer.

Never really understood why this phrase has lasted for so long in modern football parley. 

Every striker knows where the goal is, it's at each end of the pitch roughly in the middle. Kicking it in there on what would be considered a regular interval by their respective fan base is the issue. 

Other than that, it's a no to Tammy from me. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What I do know is that if Ollie gets injured and we have to rely on Davis or Wesley our season is essentially over.

Think that's the point most fail to see is Watkins is Injured were in a world of trouble with Davis and possibly Wesley, wouldn't even risk next season on them hopefully popping in ten plus goals.

We have to buy another striker and Tammy would do wonders for this Villa team and be a direct competition to Watkins and both be fighting for places.

Is Tammy a year younger than Watkins as Tammy is 23 in it and Watkins 24, both really ace talents who would be fantastic under Smith.

Get Tam Tam in now, it gives us options to be fair.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Never really understood why this phrase has lasted for so long in modern football parley. 

Every striker knows where the goal is, it's at each end of the pitch roughly in the middle. Kicking it in there on what would be considered a regular interval by their respective fan base is the issue. 

Other than that, it's a no to Tammy from me. 

Its a game of two halves too. 

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Think that's the point most fail to see is Watkins is Injured were in a world of trouble with Davis and possibly Wesley, wouldn't even risk next season on them hopefully popping in ten plus goals.

We have to buy another striker and Tammy would do wonders for this Villa team and be a direct competition to Watkins and both be fighting for places.

Is Tammy a year younger than Watkins as Tammy is 23 in it and Watkins 24, both really ace talents who would be fantastic under Smith.

Get Tam Tam in now, it gives us options to be fair.

get him in ram bam thank you tam

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore has much better strike rate in similar amount of games at CF/Striker as Josh King who many wanted to sign last season.

Most of Traore goals last season were taking up striker positions

In the PL? Really?

I dunno what the stats show, but I know football. And as long as King is fit he is 10 x the centre forward Traore is.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's my main issue I think 

For me we shouldn't buy another striker... If we bough ESR and Alvarez I'd be happy with what we have 

Watkins 1st choice, Davis and Wes, let's see what we do with Barry and Young 

Watkins gets injured for the season and we address it in January

Long term I think we already have the answer sat in our academy, we don't need a £40m striker on the bench because of what it would mean for 1 season should something bad happen 

Patience and belief in the long term plan, we don't need Tammy 

• Like 2