Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

And that is for the clubs coaching and recruitment team to decide.

Watkins is not the finished article, his finishing still has a lot of work to do and can’t carry the whole season again by himself.Top 6 clubs have two very good strikers, that is what we are aspiring to do, and those strikers tend to have different qualities to help break down different opposition.

Do they? 

Utds back up striker is martial (4 goals) Chelsea have Tammy who they don't want (6), Liverpool have origi (0), spurs have a guy on loan (1 - and you can **** guess against who..) City have jesus (9), Leicester to be fair to them have iheanacho and are trying to sign a 3rd striker (12)

Its maybe skewed by Vardy retiring but only city have 2 international strikers 1 playing 1 on the bench 

Not sure if anyone in the prem does 

* son and richarlison play as wide men in a 4-2-3-1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

And that is for the clubs coaching and recruitment team to decide.

Watkins is not the finished article, his finishing still has a lot of work to do and can’t carry the whole season again by himself.Top 6 clubs have two very good strikers, that is what we are aspiring to do, and those strikers tend to have different qualities to help break down different opposition.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, I just believe that spending 40 million on Tammy would not be the best allocation of funds for us. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Arsenal are smashing our club record signing on Ben White. 

Spurs will spend money, even more if they sell Kane. 

Leeds are signing a player from Barcelona. 

We will improve but I have a feeling people are just dismissing what others are doing. 

Yet I would (edit: wouldn’t) swap either of our two for him. Don’t look at what they cost, look at what they’re worth.  Ours are over £50m each using that yardstick 

Edited by Thug

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I know what could really tip Arsenal fans over the edge, we sign Xhaka who'd they drive to us and we get the Swiss national team version of him instead.

I know he is not really realistic, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to seeing us sign him. Probably off to Roma thou

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Sick of hearing that Tammy would be signed as backup...  He, would be brought in to win the starting spot from Ollie, just like any other striker we would sign.  Everyone is forgetting that Ollie had two large scoring droughts during last season, the first he didn't score in 9 games straight and the second time it was 7 games...  That's basically half the season!!!  Davis came off the bench 14 times and started once last season.  He scored one goal, which we all know isn't good enough and would never play well enough to displace Ollie from the starting spot. Imagine if we had Tammy on the bench raring to go, ready to win the spot from Ollie when he fell off form?  Having two 15-20 goal/season strikers guarantees us goals with Grealish, Buendia, & ESR passing them the ball.

If Tammy is available for the right price, understands he's going to have to win the spot and continue to play well to keep Ollie out of the team, and still wants to come here knowing that nothing will be handed to him, we need to sign him up.  Having a team of those kind of players is what separates the winners from good teams.  

OK. We're not in a position to 1) have 2 £40m strikers competing for 1 spot or 2) to be an attractive proposition for a £40m striker to come here to fight for a place. To come here to be fit and raring to go off the bench if last seasons record signing is having an off game. To play 14 times, mostly from the bench or whatever Davis managed. Honestly is it that different to what he had at Chelsea last season? He'd move to guarantee himself game time

Why would Tammy chose to come here, a team that finished 11th, who already have an established young striker on the cusp of the England team, where he wouldn't be guaranteed a place, a team that only play around 40 games a season as there's no European competition instead of, say, a West Ham, or a Leicester, or even a Newcastle where he'd pick up a similar salary while getting far more opportunities in the medium term? 

Ollie is Dean Smiths guy, he's his striker, his number 1. We need a backup for sure, and that is Wesley with Davis as 3rd choice. If, and it is an if, Wesley is not fully recovered and is not capable of playing that role next season we need someone else, but it shouldn't be someone that will take up the majority of our remaining budget, that's where we need to find a younger guy learning his trade who's happy to come and be here as 2nd choice 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do they? 

Utds back up striker is martial (4 goals) Chelsea have Tammy who they don't want (6), Liverpool have origi (0), spurs have a guy on loan (1 - and you can **** guess against who..) City have jesus (9), Leicester to be fair to them have iheanacho and are trying to sign a 3rd striker (12)

Its maybe skewed by Vardy retiring but only city have 2 international strikers 1 playing 1 on the bench 

Not sure if anyone in the prem does 

* son and richarlison play as wide men in a 4-2-3-1

Funny how you only choose information that suits your narrative, and still you miss what the original point was.

28 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying, I just believe that spending 40 million on Tammy would not be the best allocation of funds for us. 

And I made a similar point several pages back that the time for buying Tammy had most likely past. My point from the start was against comments that Tammy wasn’t worth £40m.

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Everyone is forgetting that Ollie had two large scoring droughts during last season, the first he didn't score in 9 games straight

Completely disingenuous. He scored twice in those 9 games but was robbed by VAR. The West Ham one was slammed across the board by all and sundry as a travesty of a decision

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Yeak ok champ, you have no idea what my view is, only pushing your own.

You think tammy is worth 40 million. I don't think he's good enough to be worth that. Or Really worth more than 15 million aka Maupay. Which I think is a fair valuation.

36 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You think tammy is worth 40 million. I don't think he's good enough to be worth that. Or Really worth more than 15 million aka Maupay. Which I think is a fair valuation.

Ok well people buying players don’t agree with you. Neither do I.

What other possible transfer news do we have?

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Ok well people buying players don’t agree with you. Neither do I.

What other possible transfer news do we have?

Except no one has been interested in Tammy for that kind of money. The only link we have had is from the express and Star. What's next Grealish is off to City for a lollypop and loose change football insider reports.

He isn't going to be sold because Chelsea want too much for him. He is just not good enough. He is a fox in the box and world class at it. Except his finishing is really poor and outside of that he has no skills. 

48 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No, I believe the market drives the price for a player.

Villa payed 30m for an unproven Championship player, Chelsea reportedly want 40m for a proven PL player with Champion League experience. It's not a leap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think we could absolutely play with Tammy and Watkins on the same pitch. 

I'd prefer we up our bid for Ward-Prowse than sign Tammy for £40mil, but I certainly won't feel like it's a waste if Tammy ends up here. 

We haven't bid for either