Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah sure they do but the magic is taken away as soon as another player does the work for the penalty, brought down in the box and it's passed on to the striker usually right?

I think they should change it to whoever went down in the box and got the penalty as that's who takes that penalty.

I do believe all that is why Penalty goals are just less important in people's eyes.

Nah, the person who went down in the box should get the assist because they created the opportunity for the penalty taker to score, just like if they cross it into the box and the player then scored.  It's about creating the goalscoring opportunity.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We seem to be agreeing. If we get Alvarez and with other quality attacking options I think that negates the need for another out and out CF, which is essentially what Tammy is. 

If we were to buy those players and Tammy then that’s a different story.  Book The Town Hall if we do that! 

You're assuming that Alvarez will settle quickly.  The chances are like many other young south americans he's going to take a season or so to settle.  I think he would be a medium to long term play for him, not next season impact.

Just now, nick76 said:

Nah, the person who went down in the box should get the assist because they created the opportunity for the penalty taker to score, just like if they cross it into the box and the player then scored.  It's about creating the goalscoring opportunity.

The creator should reap there rewards, so they create and should be able to score off of it.

If the Creator goes down and he couldn't create because he got dropped and someone couldn't score off of his creation, then the creator should then get the chance to score off of his creation.

Really he did the leg work after all to get dropped in the box, he should be able to get the assist and double up on it by getting a goal to, he then could assist himself 🤣

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

The creator should reap there rewards, so they create and should be able to score off of it.

If the Creator goes down and he couldn't create because he got dropped and someone couldn't score off of his creation, then the creator should then get the chance to score off of his creation.

Really he did the leg work after all to get dropped in the box, he should be able to get the assist and double up on it by getting a goal to, he then could assist himself 🤣

Love it but you are also a mad man!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Can someone who's confident there is a genuine interest in Tammy please open the Tammy Abraham thread again.

According to PaulMcGrath I am the most sanist person around VT, therefor I can honestly say I am fully confident of our interest in Tammy Abraham and we will lodge this 40 mill bid and succeed.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Love it but you are also a mad man!

I've been called madman in two posts within five minutes now, are you guys going somewhere with this 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Surprised we haven't had much link to CBs. Even just silly season shit links. 

Could see Axel coming back - and I’d love it. 

Apparently looking to sign Matthew Cox from Wimbledon. I know he’s 18 so still very young, but I don’t know much else about him.

Football Insider whoever they are?

Norwich City have emerged as the main rivals to Aston Villa for AFC Wimbledon goalkeeping sensation Matthew Cox, Football Insider has learned. 

The two Premier League clubs are battling it out for the young shot-stopper as they look to strengthen their keeper ranks.

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Apparently looking to sign Matthew Cox from Wimbledon. I know he’s 18 so still very young, but I don’t know much else about him.

Football Insider whoever they are?

Yeah he’s a promising keeper, but the real question is will Cox be big enough for the premier league? :lol:

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah he’s a promising keeper, but the real question is will Cox big enough for the premier league? :lol:

One for the future perhaps, maybe he's a grower

• Haha 2