Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Think that's the point most fail to see is Watkins is Injured were in a world of trouble with Davis and possibly Wesley, wouldn't even risk next season on them hopefully popping in ten plus goals.

We have to buy another striker and Tammy would do wonders for this Villa team and be a direct competition to Watkins and both be fighting for places.

Is Tammy a year younger than Watkins as Tammy is 23 in it and Watkins 24, both really ace talents who would be fantastic under Smith.

Get Tam Tam in now, it gives us options to be fair.

Jonah Hill Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Jonah Hill Reaction GIF

A Nickname before he's even signed, spot on don't you think.

We could have Tam Tam join Chuk and Kinder Bueno next season.

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Dave, don't make me use that ignore feature again!

Well I feel the moment Buendia scores for us many Villa fans will be chanting Bueno Gõl 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

For cover, yes, but CM is the position that most desperately needs a new starter in the XI.

I'm happy with Luiz and McGinn and have yet to see what Sanson has to offer but that's my opinion

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I'm happy with Luiz and McGinn and have yet to see what Sanson has to offer but that's my opinion

And we have Chukwuemeka and Ramsey coming through.  Now a top class defensive midfielder I won't say no to

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

And we have Chukwuemeka and Ramsey coming through.  Now a top class defensive midfielder I won't say no to

Personally don't think that's system Smith wants to play. Nakamba would've played more otherwise. Luiz McGinn more mobile double pivot than out and out DCM

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Personally don't think that's system Smith wants to play. Nakamba would've played more otherwise. Luiz McGinn more mobile double pivot than out and out DCM

You see I don't see playing the double pivot  as our primary formation. I believe a 6 and two 8's is currently the most likely. Now if we get ESR maybe I'll change my mind.

This is from John Percy a week ago...

A defensive midfielder is also seen as a vital position - it is understood that Southampton Oriol Romeu is admired by Villa's recruitment team and coaching staff but the south-coast club will be very reluctant sellers so, at this stage, any deal appears remote.

He's pretty much as reliable as you can get when it comes to journalists reporting on this kind of thing, if he says we see a defensive midfielder as a vital postion, then it's probably true.

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

You see I don't see playing the double pivot  as our primary formation. I believe a 6 and two 8's is currently the most likely. Now if we get ESR maybe I'll change my mind.

That's like Liverpool mid 3. Assuming front 3 of Grealish Watkins Buendia I suppose possible. 

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In the PL? Really?

I dunno what the stats show, but I know football. And as long as King is fit he is 10 x the centre forward Traore is.

King wasn't he one of the players that would of done us during our survival season when we really needed someone? He wouldn't do us now.

• Like 1

Could see Berge joining to throw into the CM/DM mix as he offers both physicality along with technical guile… If we need a experienced striker as back up mentioned yesterday that Stevan Jovetic is available on a free - I must admit U don’t know enough about his recent form , just saw he was on a free and maybe he could offer us cover & something different upfront whilst Barry / Young develop over the next 18months. 

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's like Liverpool mid 3. Assuming front 3 of Grealish Watkins Buendia I suppose possible. 

I think 2 runners from midfield, overlapping fullbacks and Watkins working the channels give a ton of movement for Jack and Buendia to create for. I feel that will make us a very hardworking creative and a with movement very hard to pin down.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

King wasn't he one of the players that would of done us during our survival season when we really needed someone? He wouldn't do us now.

That wasn't the question. Nobody is suggesting we sign King.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Never really understood why this phrase has lasted for so long in modern football parley. 

Every striker knows where the goal is, it's at each end of the pitch roughly in the middle. Kicking it in there on what would be considered a regular interval by their respective fan base is the issue. 

Other than that, it's a no to Tammy from me. 

It just means he's good at scoring. I disagree not every striker knows where the goal is, for instance Emile Heskey, not somebody you would call a natural goal scorer but relied on his strength to bully defenders, but not prolific.

Barely coherent ramblings…..

Thinking back to pre Grealish injury and what were my concerns then….

We were great on the counter attack, which is why we performed against the top teams, but against the weaker teams I never felt like we could stifle a game, once we were on top.  The Burnley game springs to mind.

So how do we go about improving there??

Maybe we need to upgrade on Luiz or McGinn to steal back possession better when we do lose it ?

Maybe our front 4 need to retain possession better - See Buendia and potentially ESR signings

Maybe an out and out DCM in those games would free up the rest of the midfield to concentrate on breaking down the opposition, whilst protecting against letting the opposition back in.

1 minute ago, Villaphil said:

We were great on the counter attack, which is why we performed against the top teams, but against the weaker teams I never felt like we could stifle a game, once we were on top.  The Burnley game springs to mind.

So how do we go about improving there??

Bring in more creative players to take the burden off Jack. Such as Buendia and ESR :D 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In the PL? Really?

I dunno what the stats show, but I know football. And as long as King is fit he is 10 x the centre forward Traore is.

Goal and assist record as CF/ST/SS which ever you want compared to Traore is garbage and King goal tally inflated by penalties. King is shit 

• Like 2