Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Hundreds of posts in the last few days but no Tammy Abraham thread yet. Is there any credible link worth opening the thread?

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, sne said:

Hundreds of post in the last few days but no Tammy Abraham thread yet. Is there any credible link worth opening the thread?

It was the daily mirror, caused 50 pages of nonsense!

Personally I think they should be on the speculation blacklist

• Thanks 2

Just now, rayk said:

I don’t understand the reaction towards Maupay…..it’s baffling.

Last season he was 10th in the Prem for Strikers/Forwards in the Xgoal stats.

https://understat.com/league/Premier League

He was on 13.77 Xg. Watkins 6th on 16.28.

Maupay was ahead of Wilson, Werner, Wood, Lacazette…….

He's a TW4T

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rayk said:

I think we need a bit of that nastiness / desire to win / taking the game to its edge…..whatever you want to call it.

Va va broom

Just now, rayk said:

I think we need a bit of that nastiness / desire to win / taking the game to its edge…..whatever you want to call it.

He's not as bad a player as some posters are making out, however he is the weak point in that Brighton team and an area they are actively trying to upgrade in and replace him. I think Ollie has enough of that nasty streak in him already and in an ideal world the next striker we sign should have the potential to replace Ollie if we're to try and break into the top 6.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

That’s not the type of twatiness he meant plus Maupay is not good enough.

16 minutes ago, rayk said:

Not when the Brighton fans want Maupay, make of that what you will.

12 minutes ago, rayk said:

He's also one of the worst underperformers in terms of xG last season and was one the main culprits to Brighton's almost complete inablity to finish a chance. That's also why Wilson, Wood and Lacazette all scored more than him last season and I certainly wouldn't pay anything near 30m for of these guys either.

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Doesn't take a Premier league manager to see that he isn't good enough. Maybe there's a reason why Tuchel decided to play Werner over him. Despite Werner only scoring 6 goals all season.

Tammy just isn't good enough. Watkins is a much better finisher (in 19-20 Tammy missed 19 big chances this season Watkins missed 11 [correct me if I'm wrong doing it off of memory]  for 1 more goal). Watkins has higher xgChain, better pressing stats, better hold up stats, better dribbling stats, better chance creation stats. Watkins out classes Tammy in each and every category. 

In your opinion.

Your waffling on, but continue to miss the point I was making.

16 minutes ago, rayk said:

He would get the **** kicked out of him at Bodymoor and would probably disrupt the whole dressing room, he's a bad'un pal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

It's easier to assume everything that someone says is their opinion. 

No not really, sometimes people focus on their own opinion and miss the point that was being made in the first place because they believe their opinion is more important.

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I don't think 40m is a unreasonable valuation (though if he doesn't move this summer, it will drastically fall because he won't get much playing time if any at all), but there've been many posts saying that we should be spending that when we already have Watkins which to me doesn't make sense

And that is for the clubs coaching and recruitment team to decide.

Watkins is not the finished article, his finishing still has a lot of work to do and can’t carry the whole season again by himself.Top 6 clubs have two very good strikers, that is what we are aspiring to do, and those strikers tend to have different qualities to help break down different opposition.

• Like 1

Top 6 clubs also have 3 times the turnover and revenue compared to us. Leicester being the exception but they've sold a lot of players for a lot of money.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Top 6 clubs also have 3 times the turnover and revenue compared to us. Leicester being the exception but they've sold a lot of players for a lot of money.

We’ve spent £20m+ and $30m on two strikers, comparison to other teams has no importance.

• Confused 1