Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Some people comment as if what they say is fact and they seem to think it is fact, when it’s not it’s just opinion.  Nice to remind them sometimes.

It's an opinion unless the post is finished with the word fact in capitals. FACT.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

It's just easier to state something as fact online because it draws more attention and gets more of a reaction, which it has done.

I'm sure everyone posting on here has been educated to a level high enough to understand the difference between opinion and fact. 

If you think it's nice or the original poster I responded to get something out of reminding people of the difference then fair enough, got nothing to say about that. Knock yourselves out

I was being more tongue in cheek with my comment about reminding them.

Edited by nick76

12 hours ago, QldVilla said:

That’s not the point that was being made, the point made was that £40m for Abraham was too expensive.

I don't think 40m is a unreasonable valuation (though if he doesn't move this summer, it will drastically fall because he won't get much playing time if any at all), but there've been many posts saying that we should be spending that when we already have Watkins which to me doesn't make sense

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I don't think 40m is a unreasonable valuation (though if he doesn't move this summer, it will drastically fall because he won't get much playing time if any at all), but there've been many posts saying that we should be spending that when we already have Watkins which to me doesn't make sense

We need more than one striker though (we don’t know about Wes and Davis out of favour). Going into the season with one striker is bonkers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We need more than one striker though (we don’t know about Wes and Davis out of favour). Going into the season with one striker is bonkers.

agreed 100%, I just don't think spending upwards of 40m on Tammy is the best use of resources and money for us right now(and I believe you do)..... I would be pretty happy if we got him for a loan/option to buy though 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weedman said:

As much as people want us to "act like a big club", we still aren't Man City, we have limited funds

I can assure everyone that these days we would never have got ourselves into Arsenal's situation with Smith-Rowe

That's what being a big club is all about and now we are acting like one

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, weedman said:

I don't think it's that people don't want us to sign a striker, it's people don't think we should sign a striker for £40m just in case our striker who has basically played every minute of every match for at least 2 seasons gets injured. 

As much as people want us to "act like a big club", we still aren't Man City, we have limited funds. We're just not at the £40m for a backup stage yet. We don't even have European football to offer yet, big clubs play their rotation options 30 times a season, our first choices barely reach that. Players like Tammy aren't going to join us to sit on the bench and play in the Carabao Cup, he can do that for Chelsea. 

We could use a striker IF Wesley isn't up to it (which only the coaching staff will actually know for sure, despite anyone's opinions on the matter on here), if he is recovered then he's a more than capable backup and I'd rather see that £40m spent on a midfielder 

Pretty much this.

Not sure any of us would complain if we were in the position to just randomly sign a Cavani as backup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Pretty much this.

Not sure any of us would complain if we were in the position to just randomly sign a Cavani as backup.

A Cavani type wouldn’t join as we don’t have European football and in the small chance they would they’d want guaranteed football at a club like us

21 minutes ago, weedman said:

I don't think it's that people don't want us to sign a striker, it's people don't think we should sign a striker for £40m just in case our striker who has basically played every minute of every match for at least 2 seasons gets injured. 

As much as people want us to "act like a big club", we still aren't Man City, we have limited funds. We're just not at the £40m for a backup stage yet. We don't even have European football to offer yet, big clubs play their rotation options 30 times a season, our first choices barely reach that. Players like Tammy aren't going to join us to sit on the bench and play in the Carabao Cup, he can do that for Chelsea. 

We could use a striker IF Wesley isn't up to it (which only the coaching staff will actually know for sure, despite anyone's opinions on the matter on here), if he is recovered then he's a more than capable backup and I'd rather see that £40m spent on a midfielder 

Sick of hearing that Tammy would be signed as backup...  He, would be brought in to win the starting spot from Ollie, just like any other striker we would sign.  Everyone is forgetting that Ollie had two large scoring droughts during last season, the first he didn't score in 9 games straight and the second time it was 7 games...  That's basically half the season!!!  Davis came off the bench 14 times and started once last season.  He scored one goal, which we all know isn't good enough and would never play well enough to displace Ollie from the starting spot. Imagine if we had Tammy on the bench raring to go, ready to win the spot from Ollie when he fell off form?  Having two 15-20 goal/season strikers guarantees us goals with Grealish, Buendia, & ESR passing them the ball.

If Tammy is available for the right price, understands he's going to have to win the spot and continue to play well to keep Ollie out of the team, and still wants to come here knowing that nothing will be handed to him, we need to sign him up.  Having a team of those kind of players is what separates the winners from good teams.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, weedman said:

But comments like this miss what the opposite side say about getting Tammy in and only focus on one reason.  I’m not going to go over them because they have been talked about to death the last three days on this forum.  It’s just disingenuous to focus on one of the reasons and not all of them to get your point across.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Sick of hearing that Tammy would be signed as backup...  He, would be brought in to win the starting spot from Ollie, just like any other striker we would sign.  Everyone is forgetting that Ollie had two large scoring droughts during last season, the first he didn't score in 9 games straight and the second time it was 7 games...  That's basically half the season!!!  Davis came off the bench 14 times and started once last season.  He scored one goal, which we all know isn't good enough and would never play well enough to displace Ollie from the starting spot. Imagine if we had Tammy on the bench raring to go, ready to win the spot from Ollie when he fell off form?  Having two 15-20 goal/season strikers guarantees us goals with Grealish, Buendia, & ESR passing them the ball.

If Tammy is available for the right price, understands he's going to have to win the spot and continue to play well to keep Ollie out of the team, and still wants to come here knowing that nothing will be handed to him, we need to sign him up.  Having a team of those kind of players is what separates the winners from good teams.  

This and people stating Dean won't play a 442 or two strikers in any system and that Ollie can't play wide as FACT not opinion.

Plus stating that Tammy will cost 40 million as FACT not opinion, just because the tabloids have bandied about that estimate.

Finally the other 'truth' Tammy isn't a priority, or that his signing will somehow limit/block funds for other signings we need to make.

All these 'opinions' could be true, but they also might not be, I know that is hard to take for some people on here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Thank you!

Needed this today given the last couple of days when I’ve been saying the same things.  

Great post!

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

This and people stating Dean won't play a 442 or two strikers in any system and that Ollie can't play wide as FACT not opinion.

Plus stating that Tammy will cost 40 million as FACT not opinion, just because the tabloids have bandied about that estimate.

Finally the other 'truth' Tammy isn't a priority, or that his signing will somehow limit/block funds for other signings we need to make.

All these 'opinions' could be true, but they also might not be, I know that is hard to take for some people on here.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

If Tammy is available for a good price (£30m plus add-ons) then we'd be mad not to make a bid. We know he's the right character for the club. 

Plus we don't have to play 1 central striker all the time. Good teams are flexible. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

If Tammy is available for a good price (£30m plus add-ons) then we'd be mad not to make a bid. We know he's the right character for the club. 

Plus we don't have to play 1 central striker all the time. Good teams are flexible. 

and quality options.