Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, rayk said:

If we’re allegedly willing to pay £40m for Tammy, have paid £33m for Beundia - even though I would like to take a punt on Alvarez - how about a £30m bid for Maupay given he can play up front or AM?

I think we missed out on him in 2019/20 when we chose to go for Wes and DS knows him well.

Why would we spend money on someone who can't finish his dinner? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes but tammy is worse than Watkins. And would only be a backup. You don't pay more for your backup than you do for your starter especially when the backup is only 1 year younger. 

We paid £2.5m for McGinn and £10m for Nakamba

1 hour ago, Thug said:

We paid £2.5m for McGinn and £10m for Nakamba

34 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

£8m for Engels (intended to be starting and started the season at CB in 2019/20) and £12m for Konsa. 

First completely different sums of money. 

Spending 40 mil on Tammy means we can't spend that money on a position where we more desperately need a player. CAM/LW and DM.

Second Konsa was 3 years younger than Engels. Luiz was 4 years younger than Nakamba. I think it is reasonably obvious Nakamba or Luiz were supposed to take tee starting DM spot. So either we bought a prospect who is substantially younger than the starter or we bought a cheaper backup. Either way fair money. 

1 hour ago, Thug said:

You don't pay more for your backup than you do for your starter

I was merely responding to that quote.

You have since qualified your reasoning much better.

I agree that we have more pressing areas of the team to improve, and that splashing £40m on a striker who would not be an immediate starter is not a luxury that we can afford at present.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes but tammy is worse than Watkins. And would only be a backup. You don't pay more for your backup than you do for your starter especially when the backup is only 1 year younger. 

In your opinion.

Didn’t realise you were  a PL level experienced manager.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

First completely different sums of money. 

Spending 40 mil on Tammy means we can't spend that money on a position where we more desperately need a player. CAM/LW and DM.

Second Konsa was 3 years younger than Engels. Luiz was 4 years younger than Nakamba. I think it is reasonably obvious Nakamba or Luiz were supposed to take tee starting DM spot. So either we bought a prospect who is substantially younger than the starter or we bought a cheaper backup. Either way fair money. 

1) you don’t know how much we have to spend so you maybe wrong and we may have enough

2) your opinion about Tammy as QldVilla said is your opinion, Smith and co may feel different

3) we don’t know what positions Smith wants to fill

4) A striker maybe a priority for Smith and co

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

What is the obsession with Maupay? He has shown that he is bang average in terms of his performances and, I can’t emphasise this enough, he comes across as an utter knob end. Why would we want that sort of overpriced toxicity in the squad?

He's a decent player... But in reality we could probably resign Weimann to do what he does.

19 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

In your opinion.

Doesn't take a Premier league manager to see that he isn't good enough. Maybe there's a reason why Tuchel decided to play Werner over him. Despite Werner only scoring 6 goals all season.

Tammy just isn't good enough. Watkins is a much better finisher (in 19-20 Tammy missed 19 big chances this season Watkins missed 11 [correct me if I'm wrong doing it off of memory]  for 1 more goal). Watkins has higher xgChain, better pressing stats, better hold up stats, better dribbling stats, better chance creation stats. Watkins out classes Tammy in each and every category. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

In your opinion.

It's easier to assume everything that someone says is their opinion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

It's easier to assume everything that someone says is their opinion. 

Some people comment as if what they say is fact and they seem to think it is fact, when it’s not it’s just opinion.  Nice to remind them sometimes.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Some people comment as if what they say is fact and they seem to think it is fact, when it’s not it’s just opinion.  Nice to remind them sometimes.

It's just easier to state something as fact online because it draws more attention and gets more of a reaction, which it has done.

I'm sure everyone posting on here has been educated to a level high enough to understand the difference between opinion and fact. 

If you think it's nice or the original poster I responded to get something out of reminding people of the difference then fair enough, got nothing to say about that. Knock yourselves out

• Like 1