Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Needs & Priority for me:

1. CAM (ESR, please!)
  2. Right Back (If Guilbert is off)
  3. Right sided CB (to challenge Konsa and replace Engels)
  4. Striker (I don't have faith in Wesley)
  5. Backup Keeper (Steer isn't good enough at the Prem Level)

This puts the 25 man squad as (with Davis out on loan):

• GK:  Martinez, New, Steer
  • RB: Cash, New/Guilbert
  • RCB: Konsa, New
  • LCB: Mings, Hause
  • LB: Targett, Young
  • CMs: McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Sanson, Nakamba
  • RF: Buendia, Traore, Trezeguet
  • CAM: New, Ramsey
  • LF: Grealish, El Ghazi
  • ST:  Watkins, New, Wesley

LW for Me. I don't care for Smith-Rowe. We still don't really have any pace in attack outside Watkins and Grealish. 

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Penalties count but not when comparing players between clubs. Say el ghazi joined united even though they win more penalties he would never take them because Fernandes and Rashford bang them in. So he would really only have had 6 goals this season. And if Fernandes came to villa we would have fewer penalties so he would score fewer goals.

Penalties aren't transferred between clubs and are luck dependent. So you do Non-Penalty xG+A/90. To get a good indication of a players end product. 

According to the rules of BODMAS I think it should be (NPXG+A)/90?  Sorry I'll get my coat and leave...

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It does give the opposition a chance to lob Cox, which I’m not too sure I’d be happy about.

In that situation Cox needs to stand up straight and make himself big.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, allani said:

According to the rules of BODMAS I think it should be (NPXG+A)/90?  Sorry I'll get my coat and leave...

It's BIDMAS these days.  

(aargh - beaten to it)

Edited by rubberman
too slow
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

That might not always be possible, if he's too nervous or tired for example.

Need to keep him out of the sea before any game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Needs & Priority for me:

1. CAM (ESR, please!)

Well I'd just go buy Tammy which sorts striker out. Have Watkins, Tammy and Wesley and I'd just go sell Davis. Could Loan out Davis I spose but if nothing comes of him wed be wise to just sell.

I don't think Trez will be added to the squad when season starts because of his injury so that's one place free right there right?

Buendia may be used between RW and Cam and Grealish maybe used as LW and Cam right? One thing we'd be wise doing is keep the teams that play us guessing and this is how we start the guessing games off next season by not letting opposition plan for one outcome alone.

I'm sure the use of youth doesn't add to the 25 man squad does it, so they can rotate in and out for much needed recovery. We have a few youth that can easy drop in here and there for minutes.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Is Matt Law (Villa fan) on the piss and showing love for Percy?

Or is Percy about to release a story that we're going to be happy with?

If the latter... Grealish contract or ESR or mystery option C?

Discuss

Got Twitter on strings (incl me) 😂😂

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Is Matt Law (Villa fan) on the piss and showing love for Percy?

Or is Percy about to release a story that we're going to be happy with?

If the latter... Grealish contract or ESR or mystery option C?

Discuss

It's echoing this tweet from Friday, but he is at Wembley (presumably working the game) so could have just been showing Percy some love when the crowd were singing Sweet Caroline.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

The creator should reap there rewards, so they create and should be able to score off of it.

If the Creator goes down and he couldn't create because he got dropped and someone couldn't score off of his creation, then the creator should then get the chance to score off of his creation.

Really he did the leg work after all to get dropped in the box, he should be able to get the assist and double up on it by getting a goal to, he then could assist himself 🤣

spacer.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Needs & Priority for me:

1. CAM (ESR, please!)

Agree with that, but I'd argue an DCM also, but I know we can't expect it all in one window.

With Smith Rowe a certain No Go who will we move onto next  I wonder. Take ya pic… 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/mw/spielerposition_id/10

I like Baumgartner of Austria and  Hoffenheim. Then there’s Charles De Ketelaere From Brugge.. Is Lucas Paquetá @ Lyon with their money issues actually any good? Obviously Daichi Kamada… Pedro Gonçalves a dream too far?

As excited I am about signing Smith-Rowe, I am just as excited about who we will sign when we don’t … 

Edited by thabucks

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

With Smith Rowe a certain No Go who will we move onto next  I wonder. Take ya pic… 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/mw/spielerposition_id/10

I like Baumgartner of Austria and  Hoffenheim. Then there’s Charles De Ketelaere From Brugge.. Is Lucas Paquetá @ Lyon with their money issues actually any good? Obviously Daichi Kamada… Pedro Gonçalves a dream too far?

As excited I am about signing Smith-Rowe, I am just as excited about who we will sign when we don’t … 

Sorry, what have I missed? Why is he a certain no go?

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sorry, what have I missed? Why is he a certain no go?

The (un)reliable Romano has tweeted that he will Sign a new contract when he returns for pre-season. Plus… He has only played a handful of games for his boyhood club. He is only 20, and is playing for a manager he probably idolised as a youngster… There’s a chance Jack could go so why rush from his POV… Arsenal won’t sell… we won’t pay the £££… So many reasons why he won’t join. I really do hope I’m wrong though! 

Edited by thabucks