Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Smith is all about improving players , apparently we’ve opened negotiations at £15m thats  Daniel Levy esq , I love it 

Window hasn't opened yet as it?

Hopefully it will happen because he seems real and do have high hopes this 21 year old can be a different type of Grealish. See Grealish is a slower paced tricky git but McNeil is the opposite fast paced tricky git, you could use both to tear opponents apart.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Window hasn't opened yet as it?

Hopefully it will happen because he seems real and do have high hopes this 21 year old can be a different type of Grealish. See Grealish is a slower paced tricky git but McNeil is the opposite fast paced tricky git, you could use both to tear opponents apart.

No but there are several articles stating we have bid £15m,  don’t think it will happen Burnley will want a huge fee for him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

No but there are several articles stating we have bid £15m,  don’t think it will happen Burnley will want a huge fee for him

15 mills would be a capture and half.

43 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You know I drool at the thought of McNeil coming here when I see this video below. The one thing that concerns me, despite how tricky he is he has more assists than goals it seems. The lad seems to be more of a support player who can dazzle opposition at an instant. That kind of hectic player may be what were missing up front because he does it quickly causing confusion and chaos. Putting goals and assist aside Can Smith turn him into a more solid all round player that offers everything we need in a frontline player?

Lovely video but we could make pretty damn good highlight reels for both Traore and El Ghazi so don't get too invested.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s on loan from Arsenal who I imagine will want him back asap.

Yeah or they might try shift him and a few others to fund other transfers

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

There’s also a risk with staying “too” local and missing out on the very best foreign talent.

Some Championship players simply aren’t going to cut it. Prem players are crazy expensive.

So much to take into account but we do need that “real quality” more than anything now. Boy did we get lucky with Emi, what a signing!

I agree with much of that.

If you can get top foreign talent then it can be great.

There is a reason why PL players are expensive - they are settled and, often, proven.  I guess its about finding the bargains - the best players from relegated sides, players who have run down their contract or players that are young or just haven't had a fair chance at a top club.

Equally, there is talent in the Championship as Cash, Konsa and Watkins have shown.  But, like any transfer, its about finding the best, and often lowest risk, solution for your budget.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s on loan from Arsenal who I imagine will want him back asap.

They'll sell. Will be similar to Martinez situation as he'll want to play week in week out and Arsenal still have a fair few midfield options ahead of him.

No europe aswell so Arsenal will have less incoming finance.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'll sell. Will be similar to Martinez situation as he'll want to play week in week out and Arsenal still have a fair few midfield options ahead of him.

No europe aswell so Arsenal will have less incoming finance.

... and less options for game time/rotation.

He does look decent and energetic.  I would estimate a £20m transfer fee?  He obviously has PL experience and has delivered so that has to be a big tick alongside his age.

For me, I would probably take Pereira over him who seems to be available for a potentially similar value (£24m quoted in the media).  But I would really like Rashica - I think he brings more pace, which we lack, but could also interchange more readily with Jack and allow Jack to drop back in to 10 at times.  And Olise, if we can get him at the £12m mooted, as back up/rotation for the two.

All of those would be cheaper, lower wages and offer more than Barkley on a consistent basis.  And whilst Lingard is tearing it up at the minute, he is 28/29 and could easily regress back into the same state that he was in at Utd, so would be a significant risk in my mind.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

just kidding.

we need ones with more consistency a young Arjen Robben or Overmars, Rosicky, etc.

I'd love so much to get whoever the 2021 version of Robben is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Joe Willock looks decent would he add something to this team?

He can’t get in Newcastle’s midfield which would be my concern. He does seem to have an eye for goal though 

Going for Willock purely based on the short burst of form he's shown for Newcastle would be quite risky. I'd prefer to see how he does over a longer period of time.

I also think that even if he can't break into Arsenal's midfield next season, he's young enough that they'll probably keep him around or at least loan him to another club to get minutes instead of outright selling him. I mean, he's only 21.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Going for Willock purely based on the short burst of form he's shown for Newcastle would be quite risky. I'd prefer to see how he does over a longer period of time.

I also think that even if he can't break into Arsenal's midfield next season, he's young enough that they'll probably keep him around or at least loan him to another club to get minutes instead of outright selling him. I mean, he's only 21.

Not even just that, aim higher for gods sake!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Phillips is a good player and he'd be exactly what we need.

They wouldn't sell him to us though and it'd be upwards of £60 million.

Word in Italy is that there is an abundance of interest from Premier League clubs in Weston McKennie and that cash-strapped Juventus are prepared to let him go for half that.

I think Phillips is good, but I don't think he's £50+ good.

5 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

Word in Italy is that there is an abundance of interest from Premier League clubs in Weston McKennie and that cash-strapped Juventus are prepared to let him go for half that.

I think Phillips is good, but I don't think he's £50+ good.

He’s worth at least £51

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Not even just that, aim higher for gods sake!

Some people have some low expectations of what were going to bring in the Summer.

Has beens, once were's seems to be the thing in this page, the names that get floated around where you know if they come here it will be more bad luck for us. We will also stack these players who have dropped off, become unfavoured or struggle to get anything at the club they're with now, but yeah let's go sign them instead of someone who's kicking ass in the first eleven week in week out.