Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am not taking the piss, they are the most overhyped team in England and are only staying up because Fulham had a terrible starting squad 

You can only be unlucky so many times

To be fair we played some decent football at times last year and were probably still the worst team in the league for the majority.

However I think we had at least 4 or 5 players that clubs would have taken off us if they had the chance; Grealish, McGinn, Mings & Luiz for sure.

Brighton are a team in transition without having as much investment as us.

I would love Bissouma to sign this summer, but think he will go to a big club. The rest I think we could find better players elsewhere at our stage of the rebuild.

• Like 1

Chukuweze going to destory Xhaka tonight, mentioned him before. Only 21 and been a regular for Villareal in last two seasons. Still a bit raw in some aspects but would be very exciting signing.

Villareal always selling to premier league, West Ham got Fornals off them two years ago.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Boubakary Soumare is the player for us at CDM.

Newcastle bid £45M for him in Jan, Lille accepted it but the player chinned them off. Out of contract in summer ‘22 but would still cost a pretty penny. 

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Newcastle bid £45M for him in Jan, Lille accepted it but the player chinned them off. Out of contract in summer ‘22 but would still cost a pretty penny. 

Just googled the player and noticed Lille top of the league. How the hell did they manage that??

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Brucey would have him at full back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just googled the player and noticed Lille top of the league. How the hell did they manage that??

Their Manager agreed to come here too (until their owner cried and he reneged on his word). We got Remi Garde as a consolation. He dodged a bullet there, it would have ruined him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Awol said:

Newcastle bid £45m? Really? I can’t  believe it, surely a mistake. Mike Ashley must have thought he was bidding for the whole team and the city. 

14 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Their Manager agreed to come here too (until their owner cried and he reneged on his word). We got Remi Garde as a consolation. He dodged a bullet there, it would have ruined him.

It was when he was at St Etienne not Lille

54 minutes ago, Awol said:

I reckon 25m in the summer.

32 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I reckon 25m in the summer.

Seems fair, or maybe a part-ex with Marv? He definitely fits the profile for ability, youth and growth potential.

If he does come I hope someone teaches him what ‘man on’ means. When I read Dougie went his first half-season without knowing what McGinn was shouting at him... 🤦‍♂️

Edit: just watched some YouTube highlights and he’s a big physical unit, but with quick feet and can pick a pass. Looks built for PL football. 

Edited by Awol

Christophe Galtier is a very good manager, did a really good job at Saint-Etienne for nearly a decade and really saved Lille from a difficult situation and now on verge of keeping them up. Improved a fair few players aswell, Pepe had amazing stats working with him which got him the move to Arsenal although he's flopped there.

He worked years back for Portsmouth so would imagine his English is decent so should be on the shortlist for whenever the post Dean Smith era arrives.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Foden is better than sancho

Not sure if any of them would be realistic, even if we went big and they still saw us as a stepping stone, hopefully as we watched sanson we also saw kamara, then maybe botman, vlahovic, they're not already at a big boy

I think the main problem isn't the move to us it's that the media and more likely their agent links them with the mega clubs 

Slightly depressing how many of them are already at "big" clubs having either played in or will play in the CL next year, means it's slim pickings for the likes of us 

got to be a few in there that interest us....Eduardo Camavinga or Ryan Gravenberch?

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1