Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am confused by Brighton, it seems all the players are great and the manager is great. They are somehow 17th in the table

Something has to give here

Even if you might be taking the piss, if you watch their games, they actually play very good football, and have been quite unlucky a multitude of times.

I've watched quite a bit of them this season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even if you might be taking the piss, if you watch their games, they actually play very good football, and have been quite unlucky a multitude of times.

I am not taking the piss, they are the most overhyped team in England and are only staying up because Fulham had a terrible starting squad 

You can only be unlucky so many times

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am not taking the piss, they are the most overhyped team in England and are only staying up because Fulham had a terrible starting squad 

So you were taking the piss then... lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you were taking the piss then... lol

mope not a chance, I have seen people on here suggest we sign at least 5 different Brighton players now and people suggesting Potter for Spurs job

They are not a great team and havnt done much better than when Hughton was in charge

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

FYI, I haven't read the last few pages, so I might have walked into yet another Manager argument.

I was only responding with my thoughts on Brighton, not inputting to any argument which might be currently happening.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

FYI, I haven't read the last few pages, so I might have walked into yet another Manager argument.

I was only responding with my thoughts on Brighton, not inputting to any argument which might be currently happening.

dont worry its no manager bashing yet :D I was just making a comment about all the Brighton players people want us to sign  ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

mope not a chance, I have seen people on here suggest we sign at least 5 different Brighton players now and people suggesting Potter for Spurs job

They are not a great team and havnt done much better than when Hughton was in charge

The only Brighton players I’d look at are Bissouma and Lamptey, but they’d want shit loads for them.

I’m hoping that Lange can unearth a player like Bissouma that we won’t have to pay through the nose for.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you look at their expected points, they should be 21 points better off. That’s easily the most in the PL and would mean that they were challenging for Europe. I think they are a bit unlucky added to the fact that they need a good number 9. Stick Ollie in their team and they would be flying. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If you look at their expected points, they should be 21 points better off. That’s easily the most in the PL and would mean that they were challenging for Europe. I think they are a bit unlucky added to the fact that they need a good number 9. Stick Ollie in their team and they would be flying. 

That probably says more about expected points than it does about Brighton.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That probably says more about expected points than it does about Brighton.

Maybe but I think it does provide an indication of balance of play. I would love Bissouma to sign for us. He is a class midfielder. I would also take White and Lamptey. Other than that I don’t think they have any real stand out players. They are well coached.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Brighton are a team who can close ranks very good and make it difficult for a team to play against them. 

I think saying Brighton are overhyped is unfair, they are one of the top 20 sides in the top league of the world, they must be doing something right and they must be pretty decent.

That statement our Owners put out though about were not here to make up the numbers comes to my head with what you say Zatman. Either your a club who's going to push it and push it no matter the cost or your a club who will be one of those numbers that doesn't ever challenge for position or anything. Some are content with where they are at and while our Owners specifically said they want to challenge it seems some clubs owners have learned that being a resident in the premier pays off and you may actually be able to call Brighton one of those. Some Owners think more of the money coming in than they do the trophys that can be piled in the cabinet, personally those are the owners I can't stand. Glad our current Owners arn't like that and they intend on pushing for silver and don't want to be a number amongst numbers.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

dont worry its no manager bashing yet :D I was just making a comment about all the Brighton players people want us to sign  ;) 

I would stay away from any relegation fodder myself.

I would rather us go for some real decent players, not players who have aided in taking there club down. Do our fans not think of some players who they would really love at Villa in the Summer. We have to start aiming for better than what we have not the same or worse. 

TO me in this transfer page (I don't know about you Zatman) but it just feels like people are expecting us to buy absolutely rubbish this summer yet I totally feel different and that were going to bring in at least a couple of aces. It feels unenthusiastic around here from mostly everyone in the names being floated around.

dream everyone and let your imaginations think of players that could possibly join us, because these relegation fodders are a joke to read.

do you not want Villa to be finally getting to a top Europeon place and playing in it, you certainly are not going to be doing that with relegation fodder. Start collecting relegation fodder which is what Sheffield utd do and collect club rejects for cheap then you will end up in a relegation battle and a quick exit from every competition. I can feel my stomachs turning at the thoughts of all that now because with moves like that were potentially sending ourselves back to the championship.

have some respect for our Club guys, say no to the club rejects, no to the relegation fodder and no to the lost causes, you would think after the past couple of Chelsea loans we may of learned lessons as a fanbase, clearly not.

would I take bottom half table players at Villa for over the odds prices, no I wouldn't. Villa are a club trying to reach a different zone entirely where some of these clubs in this league couldn't care to push it. Were trying to be one of the big boys again and I do not think taking in players from relegation clubs will help us now, it may of done last year but now I don't think it will. Remember that these clubs who get relegated are mostly content with the way things are. Sure they would live to stay up but if they don't they will always try to rebound back up the season after. Those clubs to where we want to go are on compete different paths and we have to be finding ways in signing the likes of what the so called big six sign. We get onto those signings and we start making a challenge for Europe, I just don't see that kind of enthusiasm from you guys and it's bloody sad to see, it's real sad to see on here.

Edited by Dave-R

So, sign em' all?

the 39 best players age 21 or under

For the third straight year (read 2019 and 2020 here), ESPN brings you our list of the game's next top young stars aged 21 or under.

Notes:
- Players included must be age 21 or under on May 1. The top 10 have been ranked, with the rest listed in alphabetical order.
- While there's still uncertainty over how COVID-19 will affect the transfer market, the transfer values stated are based on pre-COVID prices.

- Positions are: GK (goalkeeper), DEF (defender), MID (midfielder), FW (forward), ST (striker)

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog-espn-fc-united/story/4340555/haalandsanchofodenfati-lead-the-39-best-players-age-21-or-under

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure, why they are down there, to be honest,  no decent striker, I suspect, Maupay is a bit meh, like his tenacity, but not much else. ....but they still managed to take 4 points of us.

I think they are a half decent team too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The only Brighton players I’d look at are Bissouma and Lamptey, but they’d want shit loads for them.

I’m hoping that Lange can unearth a player like Bissouma that we won’t have to pay through the nose for.

Me too.

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Foden is better than sancho

Not sure if any of them would be realistic, even if we went big and they still saw us as a stepping stone, hopefully as we watched sanson we also saw kamara, then maybe botman, vlahovic, they're not already at a big boy

I think the main problem isn't the move to us it's that the media and more likely their agent links them with the mega clubs 

Slightly depressing how many of them are already at "big" clubs having either played in or will play in the CL next year, means it's slim pickings for the likes of us 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Foden is better than sancho

Not sure if any of them would be realistic, even if we went big and they still saw us as a stepping stone, hopefully as we watched sanson we also saw kamara, then maybe botman, vlahovic, they're not already at a big boy

I think the main problem isn't the move to us it's that the media and more likely their agent links them with the mega clubs 

Slightly depressing how many of them are already at "big" clubs having either played in or will play in the CL next year, means it's slim pickings for the likes of us 

Yeah, I really like both Badiashile and Tchouameni, but then again that goes for everyone else who's watched Monaco this season as well. And they are likely to get into the CL next season so no chance there.

• Like 1