Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Might get shouted down for this but with the way Cash has performed at times I'm surprised Guilbert isn't seen as genuine competition for him. Obviously just isn't fancied by Smith at all.

I agree. I don’t think Cash has been brilliant this season. Guilbert must wonder what he has to do to get a game! Cash still the better play though in my opinion (I think).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Might get shouted down for this but with the way Cash has performed at times I'm surprised Guilbert isn't seen as genuine competition for him. Obviously just isn't fancied by Smith at all.

Completely agree. Don't agree with us selling him to Fulham (if true) at all. Didn't agree with loaning him last year either. It worked out ok because Cash was available pretty much all season but could've been a disaster had we had to rely on Elmo for an extended run of games

Cash is good and I like him a lot. But he's not so good that he should feel as though he doesn't have competition. (Nobody should) 

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think the challenge is finding one he'll accept. I think he'll think there is a chance for him to earn his place this season. Given our injury list and potential to lose Luiz (international isolation of selected later in year) and Nakamba (AFCON) I wouldn't begrudge him thinking he's realistically not far from being in contention.

He loves it here and he's desperate to prove he's good enough. 

I think there's a chance he stays

He will also be thinking that he has 1 year left on his contract. I am guessing he could get a 3 year contract somewhere next summer on a free, maybe to a newly promoted Championship team looking for some PL experience. It may be better for him to be in amongst the 1st team of a PL club than in a Championship club

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Maybe I just have said 'next level', I don't mean that one more signing will put us in contention for top 6. I mean it would make us a little better and help us to finish a couple of places higher in the table. I am currently thinking we are good for 10th and a new player may get us 8th/9th

No probs, sorry. Misunderstanding?

I thought you were suggesting that I was indicating that another signing would transform us etc.

I got the impression that you were happy with the squad and had full faith in the youngsters.

I just want us to have the strongest team and squad possible and not to leave ourselves short. 

So, I agree with you then. Another quality signing (or two!) would give us an improved chance at having a better season.

I can’t predict how we will do and don’t think it’s fair to add any pressure on Dean and the players as I see this as a transitional season. Consolidation would be fine but we’re all wishing for better. Just need to get our best players playing together for a start!

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He will also be thinking that he has 1 year left on his contract. I am guessing he could get a 3 year contract somewhere next summer on a free, maybe to a newly promoted Championship team looking for some PL experience. It may be better for him to be in amongst the 1st team of a PL club than in a Championship club

Turns out I was wrong 😄😄 and so quickly too!

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

In a way I'll be glad when the window slams shut. I might become more productive then! 

🤣 I have to agree, I’ve been too wrapped up in all this and it will be good to catch a breath!

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Maybe you should ask Joelinton that.

Van De Beek is behind arguably the most in form ACM in the world right now so cannot get game time at Utd as Solskjaer would get murdered if he left Fernandes out.  

He's not shit, he just signed for the wrong team if he wants to start every game. 

He was unbelievable at Ajax...

I had a feeling Hourihane would go to Sheff Utd... seemed a good fit. 

I'd have tied to use him as a makeweight for Berge. I know he's not the finished article but he's got all the ingredients for being a very good DM

All of Wes, Hourihane and Guilbert leaving would leave us short of a 25-man squad, even including the young lads who don't count officially count towards that number. Surely this means there's something in the works.

Just now, Indigo said:

All of Wes, Hourihane and Guilbert leaving would leave us short of a 25-man squad, even including the young lads who don't count officially count towards that number. Surely this means there's something in the works.

Didn't you get the memo? Our squad is dangerously bloated

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Now this is a statement I can get behind! 🤣

With Hourihane off and the rumours of Guilbert too I fully expect one player in tomorrow. Whether that's a loan or a permanent signing is anyone's guess,  but all the reliable sources have been saying if Wes, Conor and Fred leave we will actively look to recruit. Time to start speculating.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1