Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree.

I think both challenging for each other's spot would be a good thing..

Even our manager has recently stated he is not afraid to change systems or formations.

There could be a scenario where maybe Tammy and Ollie both play up front together.

I think both could play well together.

Abraham/Watkins

Watkins/De Paul         Grealish             Traore/Neto

We need to have a fluid set-up, keep the opposition guessing, players who can swap around during the game. If we signed De Paul he and Grealish could rotate between the left or CAM.

Not expecting to spend all this on those three players but one can dream!

• Like 3

We are not going to sign any quality this summer, unless they have a huge chance of making the first team.

We have not reached the level to keep quality on the bench...other than return from injury.

Edited by TRO
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I agree.  Creativity and scoring are our two big areas of weakness.  Solving one we will still have the other.  CAM and RW are key but only having Ollie really upfront leaves us very exposed in the striking position.  Wes, we don’t know and Davis probably won’t be here and/or not enough, so we need another top notch striker.

We will sign a big money replacement for Barkley and imagine all our eggs will go in that. The rest i can see being Lange recommendations from Europe around 15 million mark

Not that I think we should sign him, but after being quite dismissive of him the last time we were linked, have been quite impressed with Jed Wallace whenever I've seen him since. I think he'd be a good buy for a newly promoted team, or one without a big budget such as Burnley.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We will sign a big money replacement for Barkley and imagine all our eggs will go in that. The rest i can see being Lange recommendations from Europe around 15 million mark

This is the first real transfer window for Lange after only just arriving in the last summer window so we haven’t seen what he’s likely to do for you to be so sure have we? It’s not an unreasonable assumption by you I’m just not convinced either way because if it’s that it’s not going to advance us much as the owners and management have been indicating.  It would be mainly deepening the squad, which good but wouldn’t make our starting XI that much stronger or competitive.

56 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

People saying ‘why would you shift Watkins wider to accommodate Tammy when Watkins is so good up front’ is by a logical extension like saying ‘why would you shift Sterling wide to accommodate Kane when Sterling is so good up front’... obviously it’s because those suggesting it think the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts that way. I LIKE having wide forwards as opposed to wingers in the modern game, or at least having the option of it.

And look how lethal Sterling has been in that position and he even scores goals too.

If we want to be a big club and head for Europe again then I feel this is a similar philosophy we have to adapt to imo.

49 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I agree.  Creativity and scoring are our two big areas of weakness.  Solving one we will still have the other.  CAM and RW are key but only having Ollie really upfront leaves us very exposed in the striking position.  Wes, we don’t know and Davis probably won’t be here and/or not enough, so we need another top notch striker.

Yeah agreed all those positions need strengthening, ideally if we can upgrade with serious quality in these areas we can most definitely push for a top six finish. 

CAM

RW 

ST 

Back Up LB

Milot Rashica, Delle Ali, Rico Henry, Patson Daka are just some of the names for those spots cant think of anymore atm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We are not going to sign any quality this summer, unless they have a huge chance of making the first team.

We have not reached the level to keep quality on the bench...other than return from injury.

I get what you mean, I suppose it depends how determined the owners are as well.

I think the quality will come and it puts our existing first teamers to "squad players".

I.e Bye Bye Taylor, Hello Quality left back and Targett becomes a squad player.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think both could play well together.

Abraham/Watkins

Watkins/De Paul         Grealish             Traore/Neto

We need to have a fluid set-up, keep the opposition guessing, players who can swap around during the game. If we signed De Paul he and Grealish could rotate between the left or CAM.

Not expecting to spend all this on those three players but one can dream!

That's a very nice scenario, but I don't see why we can't get 1 or 2 of those. De Paul £30-40m, same with Tammy (rumours are they are happy to move him on and £50-60m would be silly as it's pricing him out of anyone making a move for him). Neto unlikely (as much as I'd love him), also Wolves wouldn't sell to us, but the other 2 very possible if we go for it. 

I don't envisage us spending £30-40m on 5 players (we won't resolve all our issues in one summer), but quite possibly on 2 players and then using Lange's experience to bring in young players with potential in the other positions taking our outlay to around £100m or possibly slightly more - though no one really knows how much we will spend this summer.

I'd ideally like to see 3 new starters next season:

....................Martinez.....................

Cash.....Konsa.....Mings.....Targett

......Luiz/McGinn......New DM........

New RW......New CAM......Grealish

......................Watkins.....................

Subs like Luiz/McGinn, Sanson, Traore to come on and make a difference and also start sometimes (Dean has to start rotating his squad more as it gets better to avoid burnout). I'd ideally like a striker who can play right wing or vice versa, which then allows Watkins to be rotated on occasion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We have 3 strikers that already cost over 50 million combined, no way we are adding another one that will cost another 50 million 😂

This is not the MON and Lerner jokeshop

I think if we do sign a striker of high calibre, I wouldn't be suprised to see either Davis or Wesley go out in loan.

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

The money potentially set aside for Barkley should be lobbed at Norwich for Buendia. Still only 24 too. 

My only issue with Buendia is he seems to get a few red cards

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Tammy is probably a realistic proposition if Chelsea are willing to sell him for a reasonable price. Maybe a season long loan with an option to buy?

I think we should stop loaning from Chelsea

Chelsea party animals Barkley and Drinkwater sweat it out at training just  hours after rolling out of night club

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruno wasnt a finished article and look how good he has been.

By definition if someone turns up and plays that well from the first minute it’s the record he had in Portugal he is the finished article 

I’ve always thought getting the ball and creating sorted in a team is far more important than a good striker to put it away.

Any striker will score if the chances are served up on a platter.

If the choice is a good expensive forward or sorting the creation id rather buy no striker.