Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

1 goal and 3 assists for Buendia tonight.

No chance Norwich are selling now with them all but up.

I reckon they'll have learnt their lesson from last time they came up and barely signed anyone so wouldn't make sense to cash in on their best attacker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would love him but Norwich would not sell for anything but stupid money and all the top teams would be in for him

Stupid money I agree, though apparantly Arsenal are trying to sign him.

He's been on their radar for quite some time.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No chance Norwich are selling now with them all but up.

I reckon they'll have learnt their lesson from last time they came up and barely signed anyone so wouldn't make sense to cash in on their best attacker.

He is a quality player who I would like to see us sign but Norwich would command £40m+ for him imo.

I think there is better value for money to be had in the same position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Stupid money I agree, though apparantly Arsenal are trying to sign him.

He's been on their radar for quite some time.

Wouldn't be worried about Arsenal. Has been linked with Liverpool

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't think we will be worried in any sense as I do not see us shelling out the money to Norwich that they would command now they are back in the PL.

9 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

It will be very interesting (and I hope exciting) this summer.

The type of players that can actually expect to go straight in to our first team will now cost £40m plus.

Will we spend that? I think we might but Villa have a track record of stopping just short....

Reckon we’ll do it twice. 

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would be just warming the bench there given Diogo Jota is similar type of player.

Can't see them selling Salah and replacing him with Buendia somehow.

I say we need someone a level above Buendia, not sure if he's that much better than Traore, and if we're going to sign another winger, surely it has to be one who is significantly better than what we already have, if BT was in the championship he'd probably be producing the same numbers, he's actually producing better numbers this year in the prem than Buendia produced last year.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Awol said:

Reckon we’ll do it twice. 

I don’t think we’ll spend £40million on one player this summer.

We are more likely to spend around £20-25m on a player who has potential to be worth £40m after 12 months at Villa.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would love him but Norwich would not sell for anything but stupid money and all the top teams would be in for him

2 million and josh onomah should do it!

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He won’t be sold for anything but huge money 40 million plus probably 50 and he will be wanted by a big club if someone is to shell out. I think he will stay.

12 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I think, properly managed, as we are, with good scouting and recruitment and our fantastically wealthy owners' ongoing support, we could only be a few years away from challenging for top 4/6.  This assumes that the all 6 of the so called big 6 don't get their act together any time soon as this could make things much more difficult and that Ashley doesn't suddenly manage to pull of the sale of Newcastle to the Saudis or someone similarly mega wealthy. 

I don’t see what Newcastle getting new wealthy owners has to do with anything. They would still have the ffp issue like we have. We have very wealthy owners with more money than lots of teams but we are still constrained.

8 hours ago, useless said:

I say we need someone a level above Buendia, not sure if he's that much better than Traore, and if we're going to sign another winger, surely it has to be one who is significantly better than what we already have, if BT was in the championship he'd probably be producing the same numbers, he's actually producing better numbers this year in the prem than Buendia produced last year.

True, he's already contributed more in terms of goals and assists than Buendia did the whole of last season - though there is the mitigating factor in that Norwich were pretty awful. 

All in all, though, I think he's a very good player and at 24 is only going to get better. We don't have anyone similar to Jack in the side, but I think he'd be a very capable understudy.