Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Today hasn't changed my mind. We need a bigger more dynamic presence in the middle. Not only that but other than our defence I feel we are not utilising a set piece coach if we don't have enough height on the pitch. Watching Young mark Jansson in the first half from set pieces was just taking the piss. Stuff like that put's us on the back foot without kicking a ball imo.  

• Like 1

We defo need to strengthen the midfeid, it is so power puff! Forget about Europe with this squad. Think 10 will be our ceiling.

We ar getting dominated in midfield, one we come across a half decent side we are getting a thumping. 

4 minutes ago, calcifer said:

We defo need to strengthen the midfeid, it is so power puff! Forget about Europe with this squad. Think 10 will be our ceiling.

We ar getting dominated in midfield, one we come across a half decent side we are getting a thumping. 

10th would be fantastic.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

10th would be fantastic.

There’s no way we’ll finish 10th. We’ll be somewhere between 11th/14th I think. 

A good team will batter us. Slightly worried about when we come up against a decent side, they’ll walk through our midfield. 

• Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

We played Ashley Young in CM and they didn't slice us apart at will as some like to claim will happen this year.

It’s a bit crazy that we thought it best to play Young in CM instead of a dedicated midfielder like Nakamba or Hourihane. Don’t get me wrong, I thought Young did ok, and his experience probably helped Chukwuemeka, but it says quite a lot about where Nakamba is in the pecking order.

One thing I don’t get is, if our targets aren’t available this Summer, why will they be available next summer when we’re likely to have finished lower than 11th? 

There are players out there that will improve us and we need to bring a couple in to improve. All of a sudden, everyone seems to have just given up trying to finish in the top 10 and settling for being a mid table, run of the mill PL side. It’s only going to get harder to attract players when you’re finishing lower in the table. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It’s a bit crazy that we thought it best to play Young in CM instead of a dedicated midfielder like Nakamba or Hourihane. Don’t get me wrong, I thought Young did ok, and his experience probably helped Chukwuemeka, but it says quite a lot about where Nakamba is in the pecking order.

No way. You watched Nakamba  against Watford and thought he was the better choice over young and Buendia swapping in and out in the middle.  Why would Dean, a know attack minded manager, play 2 DMs at home versus a promoted side.  Why would any manager do that?  Actually take that back Bruce and McLeish would have been all over it. You must have loved our team selections under them. 

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

No way. You watched Nakamba  against Watford and thought he was the better choice over young and Buendia swapping in and out in the middle.  Why would Dean, a know attack minded manager, play 2 DMs at home versus a promoted side.  Why would any manager do that?  Actually take that back Bruce and McLeish would have been all over it. You must have loved our team selections under them. 

I mean, we could have pushed Luiz further up the field if we played Nakamba. Either way, it’s not really a big deal.

But you’re absolutely right, I loved how we played under McLeish and Bruce. Just seeing the ball blasted into the air time and time again.

Poetry in motion.

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There’s no way we’ll finish 10th. We’ll be somewhere between 11th/14th I think. 

A good team will batter us. Slightly worried about when we come up against a decent side, they’ll walk through our midfield. 

Agree! 10th is the best we could achieve, if we could keep injury free with our best squad available , I am more inclined to say 13th/14th. Our midfield is awful! City/Manure/Chelsea would have filled their boots Vs that today. With the injuries piling up we need to look at a couple of loans or some short terms deals. 

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

One thing I don’t get is, if our targets aren’t available this Summer, why will they be available next summer when we’re likely to have finished lower than 11th? 

There are players out there that will improve us and we need to bring a couple in to improve. All of a sudden, everyone seems to have just given up trying to finish in the top 10 and settling for being a mid table, run of the mill PL side. It’s only going to get harder to attract players when you’re finishing lower in the table. 

I think you worry too much about league position. Money and ambition will attract players, like it did when we finished 17th or this summer when we finished 11th and lost our best player. 

In terms of waiting, it's not about where we finish this year. Players will be in different situations. Less years on contracts, teams more open to selling etc.. if we've got targets that we believe we can get next summer I'm all for doing that than settling for lower choices just to get them here before Tuesday. 

• Like 2

This year is turning into a consolidation year isn’t it. Get through it as a stable mid table Prem club and then perhaps build next summer after we can see exactly what we need. 

The club just seems to be in a bit of disarray after the departure of super fan Grealish, and perhaps I’m being too harsh expecting too much this season. 

Get to 40 points as primary goal and then try to add 10 more after that.

• Like 2

Apparently in his post-match interview Smith has said that a couple of players might leave on loan.

Given the injury challenges we have, I’m not sure that’s such a good plan, unless it’s the likes of Lindley or Aaron Ramsey. If it’s Guilbert and Hourihane that could leave us a little light if we’re not bringing anyone else in.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

We need a new keeper by the looks of things.

ye, gotta agree with this, if our mate Martinez wants to go play for the argies, against the clubs wishes and miss numerous games, then we need to get a keeper to challenge him.