Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

44 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think potentially he could. But I would say the defensive pressing side of his game needs improving. I really like Luiz though, got bags of potential.

He is not there yet but still quite young, 23?

He is a key part of making our midfield tick for now, but like many I hope Sansom adds to McGinns pressing too

• Like 2

Please sign some more players Villa… it’s going to be a tough season if we keep picking up injuries or losing players to illness and international call ups…

The replacements for our key players are a major drop in quality… we need to be stronger imo…

I don’t have as much faith in the kids as others either, don’t think they’re ready yet. Not for regular PL game time… filling in at times or coming on as subs is fine though. But they shouldn’t be relied on.

We really can’t leave ourselves short if we want to be competitive.

Still hopeful about the season and especially when we have our best players fit and back in the side… but if disruptions continue throughout the season… that is a real concern…

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Move the lesser ones on… if we can.

We’ve already let some go…

But it is our senior players getting injured / sick. Signing more won't help as the currently injured / sick players will be in the 25. The club is clearly trying to sell Hourihane and I am sure they will accept a bid for any of the fringe players. But we need a club to want to buy them

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

But it is our senior players getting injured / sick. Signing more won't help as the currently injured / sick players will be in the 25. The club is clearly trying to sell Hourihane and I am sure they will accept a bid for any of the fringe players. But we need a club to want to buy them

We have a few spots available and can add at least 1-2 players. Might not happen, but I would like us to do that…

Yeah, we haven’t had the best of luck for a while. Need our best players and strongest side ASAP but I fear we will contribute to have disruptions throughout the season… I’d like us to be as strong as possible.

Not fretting though but today’s team might be a sign of future difficulties…

We’ll see.

There’s every chance we will do more business before the close of the window. If not, fine. Trust in Dean and co.

23 minutes ago, pete101 said:

You are right, so Timmy anyone?

Just imagine.

Chukwuemeka plays it to Chukwuemeka. Now to Ramsey. And to Ramsey. Now Philogene-Bidance slides it through for Iroegbunam who lays it off for Ogheneobrucheme Bakumo-Abraham!!

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

Chukwuemeka plays it to Chukwuemeka. Now to Ramsey. And to Ramsey. Now Philogene-Bidance slides it through for Iroegbunam who lays it off for Ogheneobrucheme Bakumo-Abraham!!

Merse will really struggle with that

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Merse will really struggle with that

I’m not sure Merse has the ability to say any surname that involves him stringing together two syllables or more. 

‘And the ball went out to the left back Matt Tar-, he played it forward to Doug, who then tried to play in Wat-. Villa look a different side wivowt Gree’

Boubacar Kamara would be the perfect signing or his team mate Djule Caleta Car, who along withSven Botman are being linked with wolves - which shouldn’t be allowed to happen! We need to strengthen before the window closes ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We aren't going to buy one. Give up on that now. What we've got will suffice for now. Top half finish is the aim, top six would be a massively overachieving unexpected result.

People just need to realize that Sanson is our “new midfield signing.”

• Haha 1