Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

39 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Don't sign any more 15 million players. They're useless, we got enough of them already. A real bang or nothing.

You know who else cost £15m to bring to England? Kante and Ndidi. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You could be right, mate.

I still think a loan for Chuk would do him good. 

Personally, I would probably keep him around this year as cover/bench option (a bit like Ramsey was last year) and, unless he does something stunning, would look to loan him out next season to a top half Championship side to play 30+ games and really prove himself/develop with a view to bringing him back as a fully fledged first teamer (assuming he develops as we all expect) the following year.  Similar to how Liverpool have developed Elliott??

5 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Personally, I would probably keep him around this year as cover/bench option (a bit like Ramsey was last year) and, unless he does something stunning, would look to loan him out next season to a top half Championship side to play 30+ games and really prove himself/develop with a view to bringing him back as a fully fledged first teamer (assuming he develops as we all expect) the following year.  Similar to how Liverpool have developed Elliott??

I wouldn't be loaning out Carney unless it was a top Championship side that were pushing playoff places to be honest. Even then I think he'd be better off getting 300/400 PL minutes over the course of the season. 

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If this Harroui fellow had a choice between being our fifth choice CM or Forest where he'll be first on the team sheet, then, in some ways fair play to him. Obviously, I now fully envisage us paying £30m to purchase him next summer but hey.

He didn't as we have moved on from the 3m player market days! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If this Harroui fellow had a choice between being our fifth choice CM or Forest where he'll be first on the team sheet, then, in some ways fair play to him. Obviously, I now fully envisage us paying £30m to purchase him next summer but hey.

I am sure we could have agreed to sign him and then loan him to a championship club if that was what he wanted. I doubt we were ever interested.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He didn't as we have moved on from the 3m player market days! 

Mate, I genuinely don't care if a player is FREE, as long as it's the right type of player, with the right qualities, and ceiling.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

The chances of a 15 million player coming good are low. We're too good for that, and we already have midfielders that can do a half-decent job. 50 mill or nothing.

careful, Joelinton cost 40m.....maybe we need to raise it to 70m to be safe?...

Uh..wait, Pepe cost Arsenal 70m & Kepa cost Chelsea 70m......maybe we need to raise it to 100m???

Yes!, 100m or nothing!

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, I genuinely don't care if a player is FREE, as long as it's the right type of player, with the right qualities, and ceiling.

Artex?, straight flat?, multiple phased colours or single?

36 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we're probably done now for this window. We might sign a midfielder in January though

We used to always go into the new season short on attacking options. Now it's midfield. It's an unbalanced side as it stands. We will get overrun regularly by better teams.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1