Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

This is the sort of deal that we could do at the end of the window. We know that clubs in France need money so we'll be able to pickup players in the next week on the cheap.

Exactly. Just buy him AND Sarr for 30m. Spurs will only pay transfer fees over the course of about 10 years so we can beat them for Sarr. 

Sarr and Doucoure in. Nakamba, Hourihane and El Ghazi out. Then possibly loan out one of Chuk or JPB. 

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Exactly. Just buy him AND Sarr for 30m. Spurs will only pay transfer fees over the course of about 10 years so we can beat them for Sarr. 

Sarr and Doucoure in. Nakamba, Hourihane and El Ghazi out. Then possibly loan out one of Chuk or JPB. 

Loan out JPB or Chuk?

If Buendia moves central as everyone keeps saying, JPB is second choice RW behind Traore. He'll get enough games, particularly with all the time away Bailey will have away with Jamaica and if Traore gets in to AFCON with Burkina Faso (if that's still a possibility). Be silly to send him out.

Chuk will get time too, we won't sign both Sarr and Doucoure. Signing one is fine but Sarr is a box to box but can be more defensive. We won't sign a DM and him and limit Chuk/Iroeg who are similar ages & styles and highly rated too. We'll sign one and give Chuk the minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Loan out JPB or Chuk?

If Buendia moves central as everyone keeps saying, JPB is second choice RW behind Traore. He'll get enough games, particularly with all the time away Bailey will have away with Jamaica and if Traore gets in to AFCON with Burkina Faso (if that's still a possibility). Be silly to send him out.

Chuk will get time too, we won't sign both Sarr and Doucoure. Signing one is fine but Sarr is a box to box but can be more defensive. We won't sign a DM and him and limit Chuk/Iroeg who are similar ages & styles and highly rated too. We'll sign one and give Chuk the minutes.

You could be right, mate.

I still think a loan for Chuk would do him good. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Abdou Harroui doesn't really make sense as a target for me. He turns 24 in January so he's not a young prospect and I can't imagine he's someone who'll improve our current starting 11.

We already have numbers in midfield, what we could do with is a top quality midfielder who's a clear improvement or offers something different to the ones we have. Can't see this guy being that player.

Well that doesn’t make any sense because Jesse Lingard is nearly 29!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If only life was as easy as a fifa career mode.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

*Football Manager. 

I'm with Jonah. Fifa is even easier than FM. At least on FM players seem to have their own thoughts, and won't make crazy moves (Like Neymar to Brighton for example) but on Fifa, if you have the cash you can literally sign anyone you want at any club you want. and Transfer negotiations take 30 seconds 😂

Edited by RichiBoi11

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

*Football Manager. 

Yeah as you hit your 30's and after a break from it you actually realise just how difficult FIFA is. Football Manager is much easier. No dexterity or reaction speed needed at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Don't sign any more 15 million players. They're useless, we got enough of them already. A real bang or nothing.

Didn't we buy Konsa for £12m - I know he still needed a bit of nurturing - and Martinez for £17m?  That's some pretty good value around the £15m mark??

We aren't "yet" (hopefully) big enough to compete at the real bang end of the market and I personally believe we can build successfully the way we are going.  I think Doucoure at £15m is partly a function of the position of the French clubs and the market.  From what I have seen/heard, I would certainly be happy with this £15m??

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Don't sign any more 15 million players. They're useless, we got enough of them already. A real bang or nothing.

you are assuming a random 15m valuation is the ultimate adjudication of talent

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

The chances of a 15 million player coming good are low. We're too good for that, and we already have midfielders that can do a half-decent job. 50 mill or nothing.

The problem is that the midfielders are all quite samey, except Nakamba, who is a £7m player. But they are all good players.

If we can bring in a better version of Nakamba, one that is a bit more consistent and can control games a bit more, I think that would make a big difference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The problem is that the midfielders are all quite samey, except Nakamba, who is a £7m player. But they are all good players.

If we can bring in a better version of Nakamba, one that is a bit more consistent and can control games a bit more, I think that would make a big difference.

I think we need better than a bit more consistent Nakamba... 

• Like 3