Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

You can see the scene at Sampdoria Boardroom

"OK just seen Dean Smith say he's comfortable with is squad  - ermmm ok - lets knock £10m of the asking price for Damsgaard" 

More like:

Sampdoria: " If they are stupid enough to be buying a winger, when it's clear as day they need a CM/CDM, then we should knock the price down "

VT: " We've got a Brazilian International, Olympic winning CDM, so the joke is on you! ".

Sampdoria: " We are laughing " ( Will Farrel GIF )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

More like:

Sampdoria: " If they are stupid enough to be buying a winger, when it's clear as day they need a CM/CDM, then we should knock the price down "

VT: " We've got a Brazilian International, Olympic winning CDM, so the joke is on you! ".

Sampdoria: " We are laughing " ( Will Farrel GIF )

Fwiw Damsgaard has played more or less the same number of games at LW/second striker/ACM and CM during his short career. He's very versatile  He played a couple of games at RW too for Samp this season.

• Like 1

What if we are holding off on spending more this window so that other clubs don’t bend us over with the Grealish money? We’ve added a lot to the squad so it could be beneficial to see how we do and then consider bringing someone in in January if necessary, and then press hard for signings next summer.

Edited by jimmyhota_avfc

10 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

If ever you decide to play poker, can you let me know please, asking for a friend.

But its not poker is it.

How would feel if a villa manager strolled on the pitch before a home game and told a packed Holte end were trying to sign player x next week ? ??????? - Oh no the whole world knows were after player x - they will put the price up  !!!!

Big Ron Atkinson did just that when were  trying sign Dean Saunders - The deal went through at much the same price a few days later !

When we sold David Platt - Doug publicly said that all the funds were available to the manager and fans should look forward to exciting players coming to villa park. 

Edited by hippo

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes but now you are talking market forces and inflation not what DS says in a press conference.

The initial point was that had DS said we are still looking for players - then the prices quoted to Aston Villa would be higher than that quoted to other clubs. I'm sorry but I don't agree. As previously posted I don't believe what DS says in press conferences has any bearing on what we would be quoted for players in a competitive transfer market.

Sure we have received £100m for Jack - But the likes of  Liverpool and Arsenal are wealthy and probably have that spending power anyway. The more clubs that are after a player the price goes up  - it doesn't come down because one of the managers says were done in the market.

Then I guess we have to agree to disagree.

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

"OK just seen Dean Smith say he's comfortable with is squad  - ermmm ok - lets knock £10m of the asking price for Damsgaard" 

They don't knock money off right now (because, at this time, it's the SELLER'S market), but it provides us a more realistic chance of getting a reasonable price and not having to wait until the end of the window. The more desperate the seller knows you are, however, the more it pushes the ball into their court to take advantage.

Nearer the end of the window, for any player a club wants to sell, the price reduces (because it then becomes the BUYER'S market).

The idea is to not have wait until the end of the window and hope another team doesn't jump in. It's simple buying/selling business strategy.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

Its more a case of the scene at the Brum mail, the sun and the rest of the gutter rags 

Dean Smith says he's happy with the squad let's stop making shit up and making ourselves look stupid when we get it wrong

The problem with it is that it doesn't work... Bullshitters gonna bullshit 

Smiths comments for the media are aimed at the media

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

They don't knock money off right now (because, at this time, it's the SELLER'S market), but it provides us a more realistic chance of getting a reasonable price and not having to wait until the end of the window. The more desperate the seller knows you are, however, the more it pushes the ball into their court to take advantage.

Nearer the end of the window, for any player a club wants to sell, the price reduces (because it then becomes the BUYER'S market).

The idea is to not have wait until the end of the window and hope another team doesn't jump in. It's simple buying/selling business strategy.

But your making the assumption that any club we buy from is actually pretty desperate to sell the player.

But now your saying we should wait until the end of the window to buy players to get the best deals. The initial point I was disputing was that we get better deals  because DS has said he is comfortable with his squad.

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think the issue with this is we’ve already signed 3 attacking players, and will struggle to fit everyone in and find the right balance. Another creative player won’t help this. We have replaced Grealish, we’ll see Bailey on the left I think and I’m happy with that. As for Barkley I thought we played better without him last season. And even though he plays better of the right, Buendia can play that role Barkley played last year and I think he’ll offer much more. 

Problem with this is Bailey is marvellous (no pun intended) with his left foot so playing as RW is perfect for him, as a LW that cutting in to shoot becomes much more difficult, yes Buendia needs to play that Barkley role and toughen up abit more. Would then like a Auoar type player to challenge Mcginn. 

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

But its not poker is it.

How would feel if a villa manager strolled on the pitch before a home game and told a packed Holte end were trying to sign player x next week ? ??????? - Oh no the whole world knows were after player x - they will put the price up  !!!!

Big Ron Atkinson did just that when were  trying sign Dean Saunders - The deal went through at much the same price a few days later !

When we sold David Platt - Doug publicly said that all the funds were available to the manager and fans should look forward to exciting players coming to villa park. 

If you told a packed Villa Park you were going all out for a player I owned.  The price would now be twice what I actually wanted and I’d want it all paid up front.  You’ve put yourself under pressure to deliver player X and I can stop that happening if I want to. Give me what I want or you look an idiot in front of your fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Grealish left, Watkins, Traore and Bailey injured. Not buying anyone else. Edens wants out.

ITS ALL FALLING APART GUYS

Agreed.

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

But your making the assumption that any club we buy from is actually pretty desperate to sell the player.

Most clubs across mainland Europe right now (aside from a few oil rich clubs like PSG) are experiencing severe financial troubles due to loss of earnings from the virus that shall not be named. Also, TV rights deals aren't what they were, nor are the funds from them being distributed fairly amongst the clubs.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

But now your saying we should wait until the end of the window to buy players to get the best deals. The initial point I was disputing was that we get better deals  because DS has said he is comfortable with his squad.

Quite the opposite. I'm saying we should give ourselves the best chance not to have to wait until the end of the window by not looking desperate. We won't automatically get better deals than what the selling club actually wants, but it makes them less likely to inflate the price.

48 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Grealish left, Watkins, Traore and Bailey injured. Not buying anyone else. Edens wants out.

After the amount of WAH WAH in here, I kinda hope it is.  **** hell.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

....and we haven't got those things that fill a pint of beer from the bottom of the glass.

• Haha 1