Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If all teams didn't have to play with a midfield, we'd finish in the top 4. This is a helluva side..

---------------------Watkins--------------------
Buendia--------------------------------Bailey

Targett-----Mings-----Konsa-----Cash
-------------------Martinez---------------------

Shame.

How come we only have one player on the bench? and I've never heard of him.

• Like 1

I really hope we focus on the best foreign talent going forwards… and learn our lessons on the pursuit of ESR and JWP. And negative experiences like Drinkwater & Barkley…

We have a great base, and experienced players, to build upon. A British back line that is solid (I’m reminded of the old Arsenal side and when Wenger added and developed foreign talent to it like Petit, Vieira, Overmars, Pires and helped improve existing players like Bergkamp & Wright) and two top British CFs.

We have an exceptional goalkeeper.

Let’s continue to add that extra touch of magic such as the likes of Buendia & Bailey… (Kamada next pease 🤞a Sangare or Kamara would be more than welcome asap too)

We can afford to integrate new players and stop getting messed around by British/English players and their agents. Major value to be had out there, no need to get fleeced by PL players & agents. There is simply no value on that market. Let’s get our own Bissouma types in and develop them rather than look to pay huge fees for “names”…

Plus, we can limit/avoid the scenario of English players having their heads turned if/when they are called up for international games. Truly fed up of that… why do we clamour for them to be called up and all so often regret it later? Look what just happened…

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Huh what do you mean Bailey is injured 😕 .. where has this come from

I thought Smith just said he won’t start because he was injured for Jamaica over the summer and missed a fair bit of any pre-season football. Would imagine it’ll be another 30 min cameo tomorrow as he makes his way back to match fitness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We've broke our club record transfer fee twice this summer and people are moaning or suggesting it's been a bad window. 

Some of you will never be happy. 

Have some **** perspective of where we've been and how difficult it is to get to where we ultimately want to. 

I dread to think the state of this place if we don't win tomorrow. I hope the sell out crowd are very different to the sky is falling theme that has dominated VT these past few weeks. 

That's fast becoming your stock answer tbh, Jonah. 'Look where we've come from' etc. Almost as if we don't deserve to progress and we shouldn't expect to want to.

Yes we've broken our club record but we've also lost the best player the club has ever had for £100m. Right now, I don't think we'll have a great season. Sorry if I'm being entitled. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

That's fast becoming your stock answer tbh, Jonah. 'Look where we've come from' etc. Almost as if we don't deserve to progress and we shouldn't expect to want to.

Yes we've broken our club record but we've also lost the best player the club has ever had for £100m. Right now, I don't think we'll have a great season. Sorry if I'm being entitled. 

What? We have progressed. We've massively progressed more than any other club in English football. That's what I mean by perspective. And yet it's not enough for some of you demanding of instant success. 

You're being massively entitled. And I'd love to know why. Whats it based on? Our premier league history? What is it? You were also negative last year when we achieved our highest points total in God knows how long. 

I suspect you'll only be happy when we achieve top 4, as though it's easy to do and we should have already done it by now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I really hope we focus on the best foreign talent going forwards… and learn our lessons on the pursuit of ESR and JWP. And negative experiences like Drinkwater & Barkley…

We have a great base, and experienced players, to build upon. A British back line that is solid (I’m reminded of the old Arsenal side and when Wenger added and developed foreign talent to it like Petit, Vieira, Overmars, Pires and helped improve existing players like Bergkamp & Wright) and two top British CFs.

We have an exceptional goalkeeper.

Let’s continue to add that extra touch of magic such as the likes of Buendia & Bailey… (Kamada next pease 🤞a Sangare or Kamara would be more than welcome asap too)

We can afford to integrate new players and stop getting messed around by British/English players and their agents. Major value to be had out there, no need to get fleeced by PL players & agents. There is simply no value on that market. Let’s get our own Bissouma types in and develop them rather than look to pay huge fees for “names”…

Plus, we can limit/avoid the scenario of English players having their heads turned if/when they are called up for international games. Truly fed up of that… why do we clamour for them to be called up and all so often regret it later? Look what just happened…

I really think ESR and JWP we're always long shots. I don't ever think there was much chance of either rocking up at VP.

Not really fussed where the players come from. Can't wait to see some of our youngsters hopefully making the grade.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

We need to be more proficient at using the following, it might be the only way will can knock a hole in the scum...

Image result for brown envelope bribe

The sooner we get a Nigerian on the board the better.

Image result for nigerian gif

Funnily enough I’ve just received an email from a kind Nigerian businessman. He’s going to wire me $4.7bn later today, he wants me to look after it but seeing as I don’t know him, I think I’ll wax the lot on our transfer war-chest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What? We have progressed. We've massively progressed more than any other club in English football. That's what I mean by perspective. And yet it's not enough for some of you demanding of instant success. 

You're being massively entitled. And I'd love to know why. Whats it based on? Our premier league history? What is it? You were also negative last year when we achieved our highest points total in God knows how long. 

I suspect you'll only be happy when we achieve top 4, as though it's easy to do and we should have already done it by now. 

Sorry to jump in on your discussion however, I think one thing you are missing is that whilst we are ahead of ‘the plan’, there is no way the owners will allow a season of transition and accept a 12th placed finish. Dean won’t get any bye’s because we progressed earlier than planned - that’s not how it works. 

This should have been a really crucial summer for us to progress again, but it’s not looking like it is going to be. Whether the owners have indeed lost interest and turned the tap off for spending, I don’t know. But things are DEFINITELY not right at the moment. Defeat tomorrow and I think things will turn quite quickly. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Funnily enough I’ve just received an email from a kind Nigerian businessman. He’s going to wire me $4.7bn later today, he wants me to look after it but seeing as I don’t know him, I think I’ll wax the lot on our transfer war-chest. 

I've had a few lately and they all start.....

Dear Friend

Because of the fire.......

I really can't understand it, to my recollection I have never shared my email address with anyone called Vinny Boombatz.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Sorry to jump in on your discussion however, I think one thing you are missing is that whilst we are ahead of ‘the plan’, there is no way the owners will allow a season of transition and accept a 12th placed finish. Dean won’t get any bye’s because we progressed earlier than planned - that’s not how it works. 

This should have been a really crucial summer for us to progress again, but it’s not looking like it is going to be. Whether the owners have indeed lost interest and turned the tap off for spending, I don’t know. But things are DEFINITELY not right at the moment. Defeat tomorrow and I think things will turn quite quickly. 

Whoaaaa, stop being so entitled!

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've broke our club record transfer fee twice this summer and people are moaning or suggesting it's been a bad window. 

Some of you will never be happy. 

Have some **** perspective of where we've been and how difficult it is to get to where we ultimately want to. 

I dread to think the state of this place if we don't win tomorrow. I hope the sell out crowd are very different to the sky is falling theme that has dominated VT these past few weeks. 

I wonder. If all 3 attacking signings would have been made this week. Would it be a good window?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

sarr going to spurs for 15m according to RMC

Euro's as well.

Just shows the amount of value in that league. Surely there are a couple of midfielders we could pick up that would improve us and who aren't out injured for 9 months of the year?

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Well no one knows that. But even if they won't, what's the big deal or worry? 

If the owners reach a point where they think Dean is not the man to take us forward then we'll get someone else. Football will still continue. Aston Villa will still continue. 

Definitely not right? Because? Things look fine to me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoaaaa, stop being so entitled!

You do know you were the one who said you were being entitled. 

Still curious to know why. Guess I'll have to wait because there's no good answer.

• Like 1