Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'll give this window a 5/10 rating if no further signings are made.

I think squad as a whole is stronger but no Jack so we have lost that edge and gaping hole in midfield.

This was the time to push on and try and catch the teams above us instead i think we will be going backwards.

If we've improved then thats better than a 5/10 surely? 

I'd put it about 7/10 personally. I think we would all like another couple of players but it becomes tough to integrate so many new players every year. We've got 5 good quality additions, 3 of which will be starters and Young will get a lot of time as well. Plus I think players like Traore and Watkins will improve further as well, plus the international man of mystery himself, Morgan Sanson, who hasn't rally started properly yet either. 

I think it'll be a "lets see how it goes" and we'll revisit any weaknesses in January, if players are available. 

Very naive to put our hopes on our youngsters.

Was evident Carney is not ready to be starting games. Won't be too hard on a kid but he looked lost out there if I'm being honest and is in a desperate need of a loan. Guy got talent but he isn't quite ready yet. Not at this level.

Club should be adaptive and be able to have a change in their initial transfer plans. We're in an extraordinary situation right now, with an abnormal amount of injuries. I'd take some so called panic buys at this point. Mainly ion midfield. Whether it's loans or whatever I don't care. We just need someone that can play in midfield at this level.

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'll give this window a 5/10 rating if no further signings are made.

I think squad as a whole is stronger but no Jack so we have lost that edge and gaping hole in midfield.

This was the time to push on and try and catch the teams above us instead i think we will be going backwards.

I will also be disappointed if we don’t get anybody else but 5/10! Blimey! You must have been in all sorts of turmoil during the Lambert years.

Random question, but if Dean doesn’t want a true 6 or out and out DM… why did we sign Nakamba?

Pretty sure Dean had a similar player at Brentford that was rotated in as needed, depending on the opposition. Mokotjo?

We have a great opportunity to upgrade on him and provide competition & an alternative option to Luiz. There is no one pushing Doug and we are a poorer side without him, despite the criticism that is levelled at him…

Of Pitarch’s signings we’ve managed to upgrade on most of them except Marv…

Others such as Targett and Luiz can be called successes, I would suggest that Dean probably had more involvement and say on the British based players…

Btw, I’m not frustrated or concerned if our business is done.. I’m looking forward to us getting our best players out on that pitch…

But who wouldn’t love another signing?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Very naive to put our hopes on our youngsters.

Was evident Carney is not ready to be starting games. Won't be too hard on a kid but he looked lost out there if I'm being honest and is in a desperate need of a loan. Guy got talent but he isn't quite ready yet. Not at this level.

Club should be adaptive and be able to have a change in their initial transfer plans. We're in an extraordinary situation right now, with an abnormal amount of injuries. I'd take some so called panic buys at this point. Mainly ion midfield. Whether it's loans or whatever I don't care. We just need someone that can play in midfield at this level.

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

Paul Merson said he was "Outstanding" on Saturday and I'll wager he knows a tad more about things than you

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

If we've improved then thats better than a 5/10 surely? 

I'd put it about 7/10 personally. I think we would all like another couple of players but it becomes tough to integrate so many new players every year. We've got 5 good quality additions, 3 of which will be starters and Young will get a lot of time as well. Plus I think players like Traore and Watkins will improve further as well, plus the international man of mystery himself, Morgan Sanson, who hasn't rally started properly yet either. 

I think it'll be a "lets see how it goes" and we'll revisit any weaknesses in January, if players are available. 

You, Yooooooo, an your sensible posts. 

We will get you down to our level I tells ya!😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Random question, but if Dean doesn’t want a true 6 or out and out DM… why did we sign Nakamba?

Pretty sure Dean had a similar player at Brentford that was rotated in as needed, depending on the opposition. Mokotjo?

We have a great opportunity to upgrade on him and provide competition & an alternative option to Luiz. There is no one pushing Doug and we are a poorer side without him, despite the criticism that is levelled at him…

Of Pitarch’s signings we’ve managed to upgrade on most of them except Marv…

Others such as Targett and Luiz can be called successes, I would suggest that Dean probably had more involvement and say on the British based players…

Btw, I’m not frustrated or concerned if our business is done.. I’m looking forward to us getting our best players out on that pitch…

But who wouldn’t love another signing?

I'm not sure Smith actually has that much say on who we sign tbh. There are some signings that feel like an obvious him signing. Others, not so much.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm not sure Smith actually has that much say on who we sign tbh. There are some signings that feel like an obvious him signing. Others, not so much.

Ohh, I think he does. No coincidence we have prioritised attack and forgot about defence and midfield.

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Their footballing director leaves at the end of the season. Interested to see if they fall apart a bit after that in this regard. He's done a bloody good job with what FSG have invested. Could start to all go wrong when he's not pulling in millions for fringe youth players

I didn't realise that, where is he off to do you know?

Just now, KAZZAM said:

Connor officially gone. I'll be perplexed and shocked if we don't get a replacement CM. 

We have Mcginn, Luiz, Nakamba, Carney, Ramsey and Sanson and maybe even You g who we all should expect to play a part during the season. That's already enough CMs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Connor officially gone. I'll be perplexed and shocked if we don't get a replacement CM. 

Prepare to be perplexed and shocked :) 

• Haha 3