Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

There is more chance of Birmingham City getting back in the premier league this season than us bringing in anyone now 😜

There's more chance of seeing a dancing Darth Vader then the sha getting promoted.

Image result for wierd dancing gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

I think you're right. We've signed 5 good quality players this window. Got them all done early (ish) in the window. 

For me, the squad is far stronger as a whole than before the window. 

agree

But with the season now started and not despite not all of them fit and firing yet I think there's an element of what have you done for me lately

The likes of West Ham spending money at the end of the window whereas we look done will make people forget our spending 

I think one more at the end of the window will keep people happy, DMC preferably 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Most have high expectations, I doubt there is anyone who doesn't want European football to be the aim.

The difference is some will then use this expectation to turn on the manager whereas others, whilst having high expectations will also be realistic about the challenge.

Do you have to bring your defence of Smith into every topic?

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Do you have to bring your defence of Smith into every topic?

You seemed confused as to why people don't have your high demands. I was just pointing out the reason and difference in opinions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think you're right. We've signed 5 good quality players this window. Got them all done early (ish) in the window. 

For me, the squad is far stronger as a whole than before the window. 

When you think of the major disruption caused by losing Jack, I think jts been a success. 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe, another decent player Arsenal are gonna have to let go.

Can't nail down a place for them, bit if jack of all trades about him, from the little I saw he was just OK at baggies (albeit they were shit) 

Even if we got him here we'd be celebrating getting cover at RB and CM rather than a starter 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Here we go again. 

I said some have high expectations, not demands!

No, that's good to know. I agree we shouldn't have these demands. So in that case Smith shouldn't be heavily criticised if we aren't in those European spots. 

I'm glad we are on the same page for once. 

59 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

More than OK with this, but the position we need most, a defensive minded midfielder, isn't one we have a strong option for in the Academy ranks.

It is reported that we have budget for a DM in this window and no budget for any other position. Let's hope for an exciting day tomorrow

57 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The club is over £500 million in debt. The Glaziers have taken out several large loans against it.

Still ignoring the rest of my post, which was the whole point. Stop cherry picking Señor Griffin!

The 500m in debt is debt used to buy the club. It is not Glazier debt put into the club.

Regarding the point of outside the top 4. NSWE and other owners will get their ROI by increasing the value of their clubs. I would say AVFC is already worth more than their total investment and as we continue to improve the club will go up in value. NSWE will not be looking for a dividend from AVFC, they want the value of their asset to increase

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be very surprised if that is the plan.

NSWE and CP have told us the plan is to get the youth system to feed the 1st XI. I expect we will still have big signings but they will be complimented by promoting the youth. Louie Barry is perfect for replacing Jack and imo, he is just as good if not a better prospect than Jack

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

NSWE and CP have told us the plan is to get the youth system to feed the 1st XI. I expect we will still have big signings but they will be complimented by promoting the youth. Louie Barry is perfect for replacing Jack and imo, he is just as good if not a better prospect than Jack

😂

Lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Behave

• Like 3