Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Purslow said it. Yet again it's cover for Smith, is case he don't make it.

He said: "Clearly, the club would not want to comment on specific transfer business. However, qualifying for European football is very much part of our strategic plan.

Qualifying for European football would provide opportunities to drive more revenue."

That doesn't mean this season.

Why would he want to cover for Smith? He can fire him as he sees fit, he's just a coach. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We are so short still . Not partucularly in terms of numbers as we will have 25 which i reckon is fine for a non European football squad. 

But in terms of quality where we are standing still in midfield which in reality means going backwards. 

Other posters are right in that our youngsters are not ready to hugely effect a premier league game as yet.  Chuk would have had a wake up call yesterday to see just how frenetic premier league football is . Just like Jacob last year. Another 20 appearances over this season and he will hopefully come on leaps and bounds . But if that means a period of consolidation then that means regression most likely in the league table.

Dean likes to develop players. I have a huge doubt that McGinn is going to improve in his 4th season and Luiz and Nakamba in their 3rd with us . He will get an improvement out of Jacob which hopefully will be a big one but thats not going to bridge the gap in my opinion.

But what gap are we "trying to bridge" If you think it's to the top 6 then you will have to be patient. If it's to finish between 11th and 7th or 8th then I think we have enough

26 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think maybe we’d all be feeling a lot happier with our transfer business if all our players were fit and we’d seen a full strength side play some lovely stuff. 

There’s no maybe about it! 😆

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

But what gap are we "trying to bridge" If you think it's to the top 6 then you will have to be patient. If it's to finish between 11th and 7th or 8th then I think we have enough

I just don't think we do have enough, if we are counting on Ramsey, Chuka and Nakamba to cover our midfield.

9 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

The season we need a squad to cope more than ever, we make it smaller and weaker than ever. How is this squad supposed to cope with injuries, suspension, Covid isolations, international quarantines.

Pure villa. I get a sense the owners may have realised it's am impossible game to win and may be looking to sell up.I think seeing Grealish **** off when Purslow said himself they didn't expect, has made them realise it can't be done without the backing of a nations wealth. Which would be very unfortunate!

So because we haven’t bought anyone for two weeks after a £95m splurge means the owners are selling up?

Really?  Talk about paranoia🤯

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Since they bought us we have had really exciting transfers each year

Have we, with the exception of maybe Ings I don’t think we have signed anyone who any fan can honestly say they were truly excited by. I’m not knocking our business btw but I don’t call signing the best player from the Championship, exciting.

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

If they came out and said we need to cut spending to be FFP compliant I don’t think any genuine fan would have a problem, given the money the owners have put in. To continually mention exciting transfer targets and reaching Europe won’t wash for long and will bite them on the arse. Just worried how many of our other players don’t have ‘release clauses’ in their contracts as well. 

Why are you panicking? The squad is much stronger now that what we finished the season with. 

We are progressing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Have we, with the exception of maybe Ings I don’t think we have signed anyone who any fan can honestly say they were truly excited by. I’m not knocking our business btw but I don’t call signing the best player from the Championship, exciting.

Leon Bailey perhaps?

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Bailey doesn’t excite you?

not even a little stroke/tug? 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ifwgtv830wm27cpfmj

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Bailey is a real coup. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WHY said:

we will be alright if we go down though

Just now, Xela said:

Why are you panicking? The squad is much stronger now that what we finished the season with. 

We are progressing. 

Who’s panicking, yes I feel we could do with at least one more midfielder but I’m not panicking 😂 I will be happy to finish anywhere between 10th and 14th. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WHY said:
9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Have we, with the exception of maybe Ings I don’t think we have signed anyone who any fan can honestly say they were truly excited by

It depends what we mean by exciting. If we are looking at what it was like when we signed the player then Wes, Doug, Buendia, Bailey, Ings, Ollie, Mings, Martinez were all exciting transfers. If we look at how the player has worked out the Konsa is surely an exciting signing

3 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Leon Bailey perhaps?

Haven’t watched enough of him to be honest. I’m not going to get overly excited by YouTube footage, been fooled by it too many times in the past. 

Sounds to me like experienced businessmen doing their thing.  Outside looking in, we've got £100mill burning a hole which is not a great impression to give out.  We say we're happy with the squad and see if anyone comes to us with a bargain, if not we've still got a better squad than last year imo.  Don't understand letting guilbert go tho

• Like 1