Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Presumptuous lad, aren't ya? I'm quite sure Delphinho has seen Louie Barry play and is aware of his record and reputation.

Are u not making presumptions about Delphinho ? LOL

And if he is saying that my view of Louie is so funny then I have a lot of basis to assume he hasn't seen much of him play. Time will tell, but I do believe Louie will be world class and a lot sooner in his career than Jack was

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But you did say that you think he’ll replace Grealish. I’m asking when. When do you think Barry will be as good as Grealish and starting regularly for Villa? At what age? 

I expect that next season he will be part of the 1st team squad and making appearances on the left. Depending on his development he could make the position his next season. If not, I expect him to be a regular the following season

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Are u not making presumptions about Delphinho ? LOL

And if he is saying that my view of Louie is so funny then I have a lot of basis to assume he hasn't seen much of him play. Time will tell, but I do believe Louie will be world class and a lot sooner in his career than Jack was

If Louie Barry goes on to be world class, we have a very good chance of winning the European cup in the next 5-10 years because he isn’t even our best academy player. I’d argue that Kessler, Carney and A. Ramsey are better prospects (certainly from what I’ve watched). If Barry is world class, Carney may go on to be the best player to ever play the game. 

I admire your optimism 👍

• Like 2

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I expect that next season he will be part of the 1st team squad and making appearances on the left. Depending on his development he could make the position his next season. If not, I expect him to be a regular the following season

Fair enough. I’d argue that he has absolutely no chance of doing that unless we’ve been relegated (possibly twice).

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

No, I didn't say that. I do think Louie will be a better player than Grealish though in a few years. As for getting a game at Ipswich. He is only 18, has just joined them on Aug 6th and has 3 appearances. Give him a chance to get into Man City.

Corrected for you 😂

Just now, Chine said:

Just seen on ssn that we’ve ended our interest in the Liverpool lad , Scallies probably asking for too much poke ?? 

I doubt he’s even for sale. He’s an excellent prospect. Why would they let him go?! 

Either way, shame, would have loved him here. 

• Like 1

I’m not so fussed about having an off season this one. We got a crop of youngsters getting game time and transfers wise, we’re in a financial plus. 
the signings that’s we have got all looked good, so far.

It’s a shame we’ve had this awful start with preseason prep, injuries, covid and the international isolations. It’s hard to  really feel upbeat about our chances. Yet, it’s just a hurdle to the plan, just a delay.

European football isn’t expected by me this season.  But with the youngsters coming through and the books looking more balanced. We setting up a nice launch pad for a sustainable go at getting in to Europe next season or the one after.

The time frame may not be matching up with what is stated by Smith or the Club, but Villa is still on the right path.. it’s a process not a race 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Chine said:

Scallies probably asking for too much poke ??

They are very good at selling players. Always seem to get top dollar for their rejects so I imagine a good player would not be for sale or they would want outrageous money

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

No, I didn't say that. I do think Louie will be a better player than Grealish though in a few years. As for getting a game at Ipswich. He is only 18, has just joined them on Aug 6th and has 3 appearances. Give him a chance to get his into the team.

Peter, there are posters on here that just don't want to see the good in anything Aston Villa. They just want to put everyone down at the merest hint of not playing well, not signing every player under the sun or not being top of the league. It's just the way they are. There is no changing them. I prefer to look forward excitedly for the club I love and who I have supported since 1966. Perhaps it's me that is wrong but Villa will continue to get my support whatever. I've also taken time to watch the Academy team and we have some tremendous talent there just don't tell anyone!!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chine said:

Just seen on ssn that we’ve ended our interest in the Liverpool lad , Scallies probably asking for too much poke ?? 

Seems similar to a lot of our pursuits this summer, just because we have money to spend we seem determined not to be ripped off. Ings seems to be the only deal we ’overpaid’ on but I think we still got him for a reasonable price.

Edited by Woody1000

I'll give this window a 5/10 rating if no further signings are made.

I think squad as a whole is stronger but no Jack so we have lost that edge and gaping hole in midfield.

This was the time to push on and try and catch the teams above us instead i think we will be going backwards.

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Peter, there are posters on here that just don't want to see the good in anything Aston Villa. They just want to put everyone down at the merest hint of not playing well, not signing every player under the sun or not being top of the league. It's just the way they are. There is no changing them. I prefer to look forward excitedly for the club I love and who I have supported since 1966. Perhaps it's me that is wrong but Villa will continue to get my support whatever. I've also taken time to watch the Academy team and we have some tremendous talent there just don't tell anyone!!!

Yes, we don’t want to see the good. It’s absolutely mental to question the idea that Louie Barry will go on to be the perfect replacement for Jack Grealish and that we don’t need to sign another winger because Barry will turn out to be actually better than Jack Grealish.

We have some excellent youngsters, but I’d wager that only one or two will go on to be first team regulars at Villa and even then, they’re 2/3 years from doing that. 

The future is certainly exciting, but I’m not going to entertain the idea that we’ll see the benefit this season or next. Let them break through organically. Keep spending on positions that need strengthening and then through circumstance, hope one of youngsters breaks into the side and seizes his opportunity. 

Edited by Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

They are very good at selling players. Always seem to get top dollar for their rejects so I imagine a good player would not be for sale or they would want outrageous money

Their footballing director leaves at the end of the season. Interested to see if they fall apart a bit after that in this regard. He's done a bloody good job with what FSG have invested. Could start to all go wrong when he's not pulling in millions for fringe youth players