Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

What a ridiculous post!! If the guy thinks Barry is that good well that's great isn't it. The lad looks good beyond his years. My best mate worked for his Dad so he also knows

a lot about him. By the way my mates Dad was manager when we won the European cup so there is plenty of knowledge there.

Cool story, bro. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

"We're done... unless it changes"

None of them know for sure. Guesswork. The caveat at the end is there to cover themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

"We're done... unless it changes"

None of them know for sure. Guesswork. The caveat at the end is there to cover themselves. 

Pretty much said the same thing at the end of the window last year though. Around the start of October or whenever.

Edited by est1874

I mean it’s a very brave shout by Maher to say we are done with only a day left in the transfer window 😂 either way, I still think we are 2 players short in midfield.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Do you not think a poorer performance this season will hamper our ability to attract the quality of player needed for a european push?

A little, but not particularly. there’s many factors for players wanting to join or not. 

We finished midtable and we attracted bailey and Ings.. we’d expected both would be going to European competition teams, yet they came to us. So I think we should be fine 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

The owners can forget Europe this season with this squad. Not happening. The youngsters will be playing alot and the signs are most of them are probably a season away from being ready to contribute and help win games at premier league level, not just play and fill a space I mean actually contribute and help turn a game. I assume we are abiding by FFP rules. Which is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Let's just say Guilbert ends up leaving too and there's no more incomings, leaves us with:

Martinez, Steer

Cash, Mings, Konsa, Tuanzebe, Hause, Targett, Young

Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Sanson, Ramsey, Chuk

Bailey, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, JPB (Trez injured)

Watkins, Ings, Davis

That is quite light for me I have to say and doesn't leave much wriggle room at all when you factor in injuries, internationals (AFCON included) etc, it's a few players short of the 25 you're permitted to name in a squad and that's not even factoring in that the young lads don't count towards the quota. All going well with injuries and covid I think the strongest 11 you could put out and the bench makes for extremely encouraging reading, but as we've seen already this season it doesn't always work out that way and I'd feel a lot more comfortable had we another keeper and midfielder in. Just seems strange we'd let Hourihane/Wes/Guilbert go for this reason alone.

this is where we are as of now, as far as i can see.

image.thumb.png.19124e880c00c5679798485e98ea57b0.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

The owners can forget Europe this season with this squad. Not happening. The youngsters will be playing alot and the signs are most of them are probably a season away from being ready to contribute and help win games at premier league level, not just play and fill a space I mean actually contribute and help turn a game. I assume we are abiding by FFP rules. Which is hilarious.

If you heard Tyrone Mings interview I don't think Europe was ever in their thinking for this season. He said they just want to improve on last seasons finish and I think that's fair enough

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, est1874 said:

For what?

You're on the wind-up, I'm sure of it.

Haha. 

To win the league of course. 

I think we've got enough to finish midtable, possibly top half. 

If Bailey hits the ground running and ings and Watkins click, then who knows. Maybe a push for Europe.

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I doubt the owners genuinely believe this squad should be getting Europe. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Can’t believe it’s FFP related, we spent £70m prior to Grealish going. Unless of course they knew he was going all along…