Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I'm sure if the right player becomes available at the right price then we will do something. Things move all the time in football. Dean may have thought his summer was done last week... that may change. Departures to fringe players, injuries to first team players etc. Its a movable feast. 

i wouldn't be against loaning someone either. Anything that improves the team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

My memory is fading but I do remember seeing some git break his leg at Villa Park. I really liked him, good player.

The "Some git" was Ally Brown for West Brom Terrible tackle. I heard the crack Horrible

1 hour ago, Villa 59 said:

Good old Sammy. Remember him battering Bob Wilson at Highbury

Got sent off for that if I remember rightly. Held them to a draw and beat them in the replay. I was at the replay. My abiding memory is of the Arsenal fans running across the pitch towards the Witton End after being chased out the Holte. For some weird reason, my old man had decided to take his little 9yr old son and stand in the the Witton. Tbh, I think I was more fascinated than frightened. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I always thought that game was at the Baggies. Fecking, Ally Brown.

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

The "Some git" was Ally Brown for West Brom Terrible tackle. I heard the crack Horrible

I'm pretty sure it was at Villa but Alex was really unlucky, another leg break and an ankle if remember right.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

In keeping with the Foo Fighters puns, TRO says "All My Life I've been searching for something, defensive midfielders are linked, never leads to nothing, nothing satisfies but Doucoure looks close, closer in the Mail than the Express and Post"

I'll get my coat! 

Awful, but I appreciate it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It’s about the 25 man squad spaces not necessarily incoming fees. 

Is it ?

If that is the problem, don't put Wesley, Guilbert, Conor, in the 25 man squad.  And put the guys we sign in there places.

30 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

My memory is fading but I do remember seeing some git break his leg at Villa Park. I really liked him, good player.

Not sure what Wesley has to do with this?...

* Please bite you bastards,.I'm bored.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Is it ?

If that is the problem, don't put Wesley, Guilbert, Conor, in the 25 man squad.  And put the guys we sign in there places.

Is that you MO’N? 

You’d have 3 players being paid for nothing and ostracise them from the squad??

we’ve tried the bomb squad before and is does nothing for squad morale at all (let alone our wage bill!)

Ship them out of they’re not required - we cannot carry players for no reason and continue to bring in more. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Is that you MO’N? 

we’ve tried the bomb squad before and is does nothing for squad morale at all. 

Ship them out of they’re not required - we cannot carry players for no reason and continue to bring in more. 

Wasn’t it under Lambert that we had a bomb squad? Hutton, N’Zogbia, etc?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Is that you MO’N? 

we’ve tried the bomb squad before and is does nothing for squad morale at all. 

That's a different point altogether. You initial point was that there weren't spaces in the 25 man squad for new players.

I was just pointing out that some of those players are very unlikely to play for us anyway this are only notionally taking up a space.

There salary would be the same whether they are in the 25 man squad or not.

You argument might have some merit if it was we don't want to add the wage bill until we have "shipped" players out. But squad spaces per se has no bearing on us being able to bring in additional players.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Wasn’t it under Lambert that we had a bomb squad? Hutton, N’Zogbia, etc?

Yes - MO’N started it all by collecting all the players, falling out with them and then asking for more when he wouldn’t play what he had already. (NRC, Shorey, Sidwell etc) 

Lambert just continued in the same vein. 

Just now, hippo said:

That's a different point altogether. You initial point was that there weren't spaces in the 25 man squad for new players.

I was just pointing out that some of those players are very unlikely to play for us anyway this are only notionally taking up a space.

There salary would be the same whether they are in the 25 man squad or not.

You argument might have some merit if it was we don't want to add the wage bill until we have "shipped" players out. But squad spaces per se has no bearing on us being able to bring in additional players.

I surrender - apologies for suggesting something that wasn’t reliant on negativity and being a better fan.

I’ve learnt my lesson and will banish myself to Off Topic where most threads don’t result in oneupmanship and unnecessary arguments. 

• Haha 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

I surrender - apologies for suggesting something that wasn’t reliant on negativity and being a better fan.

I’ve learnt my lesson and will banish myself to Off Topic where most threads don’t result in oneupmanship and unnecessary arguments. 

What ?

I'm just pointing out that the 25 man squad doesn't prevent us from bringing in additions.

I would have thought that a positive myself. I don't believe I mentioned or suggested that I am a better fan than yourself. 

3 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

Yep, Sid also another great shout. I've no idea why we can't find someone similar.  I guess the art of tackling is a bit 'old school' for some, but for me it's still a vital part of any decent midfield .....anyone who can both win the ball and distribute it well is a must in my midfield!

Just watching the Dortmund v Bayern game.....the challenges are certainly not a dying art....some of them are just kids too....old school my arse.

because we are not good at it....it becomes old school....laughable.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

So how do we (or any other club) buy players without upsetting incumbent ones ?

To me the manager saying " I'm looking to bring two or 3 players in"  won't on its own make the players less committed.

In previous seasons Dean (and many other managers before him) have been pretty open about adding to the squad. Many managers often say "were always looking to strengthen"

The idea that Dean would say he isn't looking to bring in players so he doesn't upset the current squad is a non starter for me.

Jack left to play with better players....so i agree with you, I really don't get the notion, they get upset.....good players want good players to come in.

• Like 1

Just now, Villastine said:

Have to say it again Fabio Carvalho at Fulham looks like a huge talent. 

Not sure if we have the funds but if we could buy him and leave him there on loan it would be a great bit of business.

First time I’ve seen him but he’s been brilliant. So confident and direct. His best attribute though is that he plays with his head up, he’s aware of what is round him.