Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

My memory is fading but I do remember seeing some git break his leg at Villa Park. I really liked him, good player.

Ally Robertson, in the centre circle, i was there that night too....tragic.

Alex was quality, met him a few times too, Andy G introduced me to him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Holte end me, standing. Could of sworn it was a Saturday afternoon. But yes, it was a bad one, but that was Alex, stuck straight in as always. Fearless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Carney is surely closer than ever and hes one of the players that give me great hope as i bank on him to excel and perform greatly

Well Dortmund have a few playing, younger than ours....Moukoko 16, bellingham 18 Haarland 20.....its frightening.....now another 20 year old on....against Bayern too.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Holte end me, standing. Could of sworn it was a Saturday afternoon. But yes, it was a bad one, but that was Alex, stuck straight in as always. Fearless.

Just done some googling and found this quote from Alex....

"There are some things about football that are vague in my memory, but that particular day, I can remember it was 3:46, I can remember how it happened, how I was lying. I can still smell the grass. I looked at my leg and saw a big hollow where the break was. The next thing I see is Andy Gray running from centre-forward to get the boy by the neck. He had him up against the dugout wall.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

What you don't see Morgan as the new Alex Cropley then 😃????

I genuinely don't know what to say about Sanson, haven't seen enough of him...i equally have no idea, what his injury is or when we can expect him back.Its as if he has gone off the radar.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just done some googling and found this quote from Alex....

"There are some things about football that are vague in my memory, but that particular day, I can remember it was 3:46, I can remember how it happened, how I was lying. I can still smell the grass. I looked at my leg and saw a big hollow where the break was. The next thing I see is Andy Gray running from centre-forward to get the boy by the neck. He had him up against the dugout wall.”

I thought it was a night game...my mind playing tricks, just so many games to remember....dates and times elude me.

If I remember correctly, it was a cynical tackle from a typical Derby game....It was a dastardly act.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

If I remember correctly, it was a cynical tackle from a typical Derby game....It was a dastardly act.

You do remember it correctly. Terrible tackle that still gets a mention, even now, when meeting baggies fans I know.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

You do remember it correctly. Terrible tackle that still gets a mention, even now, when meeting baggies fans I know.

Just got the time wrong, i thought it was a night game.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought it was a night game...my mind playing tricks, just so many games to remember....dates and times elude me.

It was a Saturday - it was at VP. 

I can still recall the "animals/bstds " chant belting out from the holte.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm the same with memory, getting old. Yes it was a Bad one, it was a very miserable grey day, probably had the floodlights on and thought it was night time.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I genuinely don't know what to say about Sanson, haven't seen enough of him...i equally have no idea, what his injury is or when we can expect him back.Its as if he has gone off the radar.

He was in the training clips on Thursday or Friday mate he was back on the grass, he wasn’t in any of the clips with the ball though

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Anyone get the big official announcement from the App.

Looks like Dave Grohl is going to be our new DM! Satisfying our Everlong need for a stronger midfield, so that we can no longer be The Pretender’s to CL football.

Thanks for drumming that up.

15 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

More of an assault than a tackle 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WHY said:

First time I’ve seen him but he’s been brilliant. So confident and direct. His best attribute though is that he plays with his head up, he’s aware of what is round him.

He has yet to sign a new contract. I hope we're looking at him. Looks one of those rare talents 

2 hours ago, Villastine said:

Have to say it again Fabio Carvalho at Fulham looks like a huge talent. 

Not sure if we have the funds but if we could buy him and leave him there on loan it would be a great bit of business.

image.thumb.png.b1127c0fbefd470e299c29f37f363026.png

Available on a free in the summer 

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I was in the Trinity Road with my Dad and I heard his leg break. Andy Gray, I think it was ran up and pushed Roberton over. 

Fast forward a few years and I was selling to pubs. One week I was in Edinburgh and saw a pub called Cropley’s, I went in and framed on the wall there was a Scotland shirt, an Arsenal shirt and of course a Villa shirt. The landlord was indeed Alex himself. We had a great chat and his Mom even made us a cup of tea. A lovely man with a lovely Mom. 

Quality. He's exactly what we need right now.