Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

What you don't see Morgan as the new Alex Cropley then 😃????

Would love him to be that player but haven't seen enough of him yet!  We live in hope

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

For some reason they've cut the word "no" from the start of that sentence. I heard it with my own ears, I'm pretty sure the PC is still available on Villa TV if you want confirmation? 

Doesn't sound like "No" to me. The audio quality isn't great but to me it sounds like

"Yeah I've got a couple of £60m bids in for players - watch this space"

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I imagine we’re looking to offload a few players such as Wesley, Hourihane and Guilbert before bringing in any additional first teamers.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us being in at least one more significant signing before the window ends. 

Why would need to do that though ? I would be staggered in anyone paid a fee for Wesley. The other two might fetch £6m combined . Can see that being the deal breaker in any incomings.

Just now, hippo said:

Why would need to do that though ? I would be staggered in anyone paid a fee for Wesley. The other two might fetch £6m combined . Can see that being the deal breaker in any incomings.

It’s about the 25 man squad spaces not necessarily incoming fees. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

He says something before he says 'No'. Sounds like 'Ah' or 'I'. Could it be 'know' as opposed to 'No'. could he have said...I know I think we are...

If I know Dean, he would have said “yeah” before the no. It’s his favourite expression. 

“Yeah, No”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I would not be the least surprised if Carney, Jacob and Aaron, come through quicker than we think.....but they are similar, to what we already have in terms of attacking Nous.

Tim Iroegbunam is the only one, I know who represents a midfielder that is close to having defensive attributes and I don't know how far away he is, from Feasible.

We need to start moving some on....but I don't know how difficult that is, as it seems only us and a few others have any money.....maybe we are waiting for a few calls, from clubs with financial constraints, who are trying to play hard ball.

I guess selling is not as easy for us right now as buying.

However, as frustrated as I am to get a DM in or a CM who can defend.....I trust Purslow to act correctly....maybe he has a plan, I am not privvy to.

Carney is surely closer than ever and hes one of the players that give me great hope as i bank on him to excel and perform greatly

We will sign more players if one our targets becomes available at the right price. We would be a clown organisation if we didn't and we are not.

I can tell you what Dean Smith will say: -We got the opportunity to sign player X and it is someone we been looking at so we went for it!

Will that player become available? I don't know.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, John said:

He's getting on a bit now and I've always considered him more of a centre forward, but if he's up for it, why not?:D

image.jpeg.4e43a3fb90c4d5e4dd96e54bab25034e.jpeg

Good old Sammy. Remember him battering Bob Wilson at Highbury

• Like 4

7 hours ago, hippo said:

Massive difference in those two. Whilst Doucoure may come in and do a job for us - Pape Sarr is verging on being a teenage superstar , all the top clubs in Europe are tracking him. It was probably never realistic he was going to come to us. Be staggered if we got him now.

I think we are perhaps only looking £10-15m on a DM - or even perhaps a loan, or maybe we just go with what we have.

Or the top clubs are rumoured to be in order to push his value up as part of a bidding war.

Dont rule out him tipping up at VP

38 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If I know Dean, he would have said “yeah” before the no. It’s his favourite expression. 

“Yeah, No”

Only Brummies will understand that

Mate!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Anyone get the big official announcement from the App.

Looks like Dave Grohl is going to be our new DM! Satisfying our Everlong need for a stronger midfield, so that we can no longer be The Pretender’s to CL football.

Dave Grohl in Learn to Fly - GIF on Imgur

tbh, if we dont sign any more players, then we dont!

However, i will be surprised if we dont, we have literally made a profit on player sales this summer, so to end a window in the green just feels......weird. (i would guess tho tbh, that we arent actually in the green once you factor signing on fees, salary increases etc - however we cant be far off!)

If they are keeping the powder dry for Jan or next summer maybe?

I just hope that if we dont spend any more this window, it doesnt hinder us too much and set us back.

2 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

It will be a real shame if we don't sign a DM in this window. IMO we are only a good DM short of being a top 6 team. How I long for a Alex Cropley type in our midfield.  The old farts on here will know who I'm talking about!

Certainly do remember him. His now living in Glasgow but sadly he is a very poor way with Dementia. My mate is a good friend of his son Ross

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Certainly do remember him. His now living in Glasgow but sadly he is a very poor way with Dementia. My mate is a good friend of his son Ross

Alex Cropley, remember him well, how we could do with him now! 

• Like 1