Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

New name doing the rounds - Cheick Doucouré. 21yo Defensive Midfielder for Lens.

Goal.com (France Edition) "Atalanta Bergamo and Aston Villa have been exchanging for several weeks with the player and his representatives. More than a simple inquiry, the two clubs exposed their project to the player. It remains to be seen, if three weeks before the end of the transfer window one of the two will send an offer. RC Lens expects nearly 15 million euros."

FBRef

TransferMarkt

Whoscored

BreakingTheLines Scouting Report

Edited by Wes
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How do people feel about  Boubacar Kamara As a DM option? 

big yes from me, especially at the rumoured £15m price tag, hoping we saw him whilst scouting sanson

as for ASM...we have to do better IMO, thats what our scouts are for, its what lange is for, bailey for example will probably be £20m cheaper than him and i think he's a better player, there's no bargain or even deal to be had for the likes of ASM, it would just being throwing money at players, we have to have better infrastructure in place and then use it, FWIW i think we have and we will, we wont go anywhere near him

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Idrissa Gueye "Gana" is available from PSG. He turns 32 in a month but he's still rather good. We've already proved with Young that we don't mind going back.

I mean... he'd be an unbelievable signing.

1 minute ago, Wes said:

New name doing the rounds - Cheick Doucoure. 21yo Defensive Midfielder for Lens.

Goal.com (France Edition) "Atalanta Bergamo and Aston Villa have been exchanging for several weeks with the player and his representatives. More than a simple inquiry, the two clubs exposed their project to the player. It remains to be seen, if three weeks before the end of the transfer window one of the two will send an offer. RC Lens expects nearly 15 million euros."

FBRef

TransferMarkt

Whoscored

Not seen him play but reading the scouting report, he seems to fit the mould of what we are looking for. Anyone seen much of him?

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

New name doing the rounds - Cheick Doucoure. 21yo Defensive Midfielder for Lens.

FBRef

TransferMarkt

Whoscored

Any good?

13 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Can't be many clubs that can afford him right now.

Guardiola says anyone can leave if they come forward to the club with an offer from another club. I don't think there's anyone wanting out of City that will accept anything less than Champions League football, can you think of anyone attainable?

End of the season if they don't win no trophys, we may see a couple wanting out.

They already messed up one trophy, the stress is on them to do so well that alone can be so much pressure.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

End of the season if they don't win no trophys, we may see a couple wanting out.

They already messed up one trophy, the stress is on them to do so well that alone can be so much pressure.

There's already 6/7 players well documented as wanting out, the point I was trying to make was that I think they'll all want to move to a champions league club instead of a club not in Europe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wes said:

New name doing the rounds - Cheick Doucouré. 21yo Defensive Midfielder for Lens.

FBRef

TransferMarkt

Whoscored

Still seems very raw. 

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Not seen him play but reading the scouting report, he seems to fit the mould of what we are looking for. Anyone seen much of him?

He was brilliant in my football manager save if that counts for anything.

10 minutes ago, Wes said:

FBRef

TransferMarkt

Whoscored

Mentioned him earlier in this thread as an alternative to Pape Matar Sarr. Few years older and his stats aren’t quite as good as Sarr, but looks a prospect. 

Neil at FTLOPM was talking about him months ago as an ideal option for DM, at €15M be much cheaper than Sarr too. 

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

What's today's rumours? I don't see anything in the media

i think the media have jumped to the same conclusion as many of us did after purslow's announcement that we're done with spending and have moved on to other clubs

14 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I half expected there to be talk of Ilic in a Grealish deal as there was a rumour we enquired about him but were put off by City's insistence on including a buyback.

Ivan or Luka? Can't find info. Looks like Ivan is off to Serie A and Luka is on loan in the Eredivisie

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i think the media have jumped to the same conclusion as many of us did after purslow's announcement that we're done with spending and have moved on to other clubs

Which is actually better. 

• Like 1