Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

Seeing as it’s Watford do you think Deano will start Young LW?

I thought he made some intelligent runs in the game today as did JPB

Nah I think Dean will be desperate for as much consistency as possible to last season to begin with. If no Buendia/Bailey he'll start what he started today but with Traore on the right instead of JPB. 

Targett/AEG and Cash/Traore. The change of formation to 442 to get Ings in will be the only major change and Nakamba in for Luiz. We'll rely on some consistency to see us through the first game or so until we can get Buendia and Bailey healthy and in the XI.

I'd expect to see Young though on about 70 mins to replace AEG

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I assume the foreign player is Matar Sarr 

You'd hope 'hard to get' would mean rather sought after player. Pape Matar Sarr looks a nice talent but is the kind of signing I'd anticipate we could pull off and that I'd have seen the likes of Newcastle make back in the era they were signing Tiote, Cabaye etc... I'd hope 'difficult to get' is a calibre above Pape Sarr

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, burchy said:

Seeing as it’s Watford do you think Deano will start Young LW?

I thought he made some intelligent runs in the game today as did JPB

Unless our game plan is try to win penalties then AEG is completely useless to us, so yes, it's gotta be Young to start (he slots into the front 3 in Buendia and Bailey's absence).

Anwar was awful today from open play and also very poor at free kicks, which Young is not.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

You'd hope 'hard to get' would mean rather sought after player. Pape Matar Sarr looks a nice talent but is the kind of signing I'd anticipate we could pull off and that I'd have seen the likes of Newcastle make back in the era they were signing Tiote, Cabaye etc... I'd hope 'difficult to get' is a calibre above Pape Sarr

Sarr is sought after but Metz don't want to sell

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

This is what I was thinking. I would assume “hard to get” would be guys wanted by or already on Champions League teams

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Unless our game plan is try to win penalties then AEG is completely useless to us, so yes, it's gotta be Young to start (he slots into the front 3 in Buendia and Bailey's absence).

Anwar was awful today from open play and also very poor at free kicks, which Young is not.

He’s awful 99.9% of the time. I’m not entirely sure how we haven’t moved on from him yet. I genuinely didn’t think he was good enough in the Championship and yet here we are, two years later, having sold Grealish and he’s starting in the final pre season game before we kick off the campaign. 

Slightly frustrating. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

This is what I was thinking. I would assume “hard to get” would be guys wanted by or already on Champions League teams

This, but who?!?

(In my head, Locatelli please)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s awful 99.9% of the time. I’m not entirely sure how we haven’t moved on from him yet. I genuinely didn’t think he was good enough in the Championship and yet here we are, two years later, having sold Grealish and he’s starting in the final pre season game before we kick off the campaign. 

Slightly frustrating. 

For me Anwar is a bit of an enigma, he seems to think too much about his game and over does things. He also IMHO lacks a bit of bottle. If he got stuck in and didn’t shirk away from stuff and didn’t over think things trying to put everything in the top bin he’d be a better player for it. 

He has done great things for this team though and as and when he leaves I’ll always remember him fondly and as a good player. 

Some people on here might have me sectioned for this but hey ho 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

i know it's nixon but hey a foreign guy who is hard to get 🤑

Sounds like he's implying JWP is still our first choice but if we absolutely can't do a deal with Southampton, we're going to try to go for this "hard to get" foreign CM.

• Like 3