Never have I ever...

Genie

9 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Never watched "Friends"

Never watched any of the well known reality TV shows

I've never understood why people find Adam Sandler funny.

I long for the day Sandler quits his 'comedy' acting and actually acts. He's a very good actor when he's the straight man. 'Reign Over Me' and 'Uncut Gems' being examples. I thought he was brilliant.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Wife put Sound Of Music on in tribute to Christopher Plummer the other day.  I opted for Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country, but to each their own.

Image result for general chang gif

Ah! That reminds me of one.

Never seen an episode of Star Trek Next Generation. Big fan of Patrick Stewart, but it just never appealed to me.

• 1 year later...

Prompted by the fish and chip shop discussion.

Never been to a Harry Ramsden’s. Not actively avoided them, truth of the matter is I’m not really sure whether they’re any good. Just never been near one and found myself wanting fish and chips. Part of me thinks of fish and chips as being inherently suited to a local chippy, wrapped up in paper, rather than served in a chain restaurant. 

While on the subject, I don’t think I’ve ever been in Frankie & Benny’s, a TGI Fridays or a Nando’s.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Never been to a Harry Ramsden’s. Not actively avoided them, truth of the matter is I’m not really sure whether they’re any good. Just never been near one and found myself wanting fish and chips. Part of me thinks of fish and chips as being inherently suited to a local chippy, wrapped up in paper, rather than served in a chain restaurant. 

While on the subject, I don’t think I’ve ever been in Frankie & Benny’s, a TGI Fridays or a Nando’s.

I've never been to Harry Ramsden's (I hear its massively overrated) or F&B's.  I've been to TGI's but not for many many years, it was great though. 

Nandos is one for the things you don't get thread. 

• Like 1

If you signed up to their mailing list TGIs used to do some really good offers... That was completely negated by getting on cocktails in there 

Harry Ramsdens I have a vague memory of doing once and not being fussed by it, nothing stand out apart from the price 

F&Bs is / was shite, to me it's the epitome of those type of places, it's super microwaves cooking overpriced shite that I can do better than myself at home 

Chiquitos was another, that's probably the one that I've been to the most as it was next to the cinema in Wolverhampton that I went to, again nothing special and if you're with your missus and spending £30 you can do better than that at home 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Never been to a Harry Ramsden’s. Not actively avoided them, truth of the matter is I’m not really sure whether they’re any good.

They're shit. I live very near the original Harry Ramsden's, and used to go there fairly frequently when it was a famous, but standalone, takeaway and sit-down chippy. It was excellent. Then it got bought out and became a worldwide chain franchise. Massive nosedive in quality - including at the original Guiseley restaurant, which is still there, but garbage. 

• Like 2

I remember there being a Harry Ramsdens on the Coventry Road near Acocks Green a long long time ago, I'm talking 25 years at least.

Apart from that I don't think i've ever even seen a Harry Ramsdens, let alone been to one

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I've never been to Harry Ramsden's either.

I have been to Frankie and Benny's and it's garbage. Much like Pizza Express.

Had one last year in Bournemouth for the first time.  Now I don’t know if it was because I was starving and hanging badly. But it was the best fish and chips I’ve ever had!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

harry ramsdens isn't good at all. but then i really don't seen the fascination with fish and chips generally. if i'm going to consume that level of calories/fatty food i can reel off about 10 things i'd rather eat instead.

nandos is fine but waaay overpriced

TGIs is actually good IMO. as long as you have something they have to cook as opposed to something like a pasta dish that's obviously just chucked in the microwave. their burgers for example are pretty decent

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went to Harry Ramsden’s in Blackpool as a kid. My grandparents who live there took us as a treat. It’s too long ago for me to remember if it was anything special.

Same.

There was also one in Merry Hill at one point which was shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

…..watched a full episode of Friends, the Simpsons, Breaking Bad or Seinfeld. 

All massive shows I know but never really fancied watching or can be bothered to put the time in.

I can understand Breaking Bad and Seinfeld, and I'msurprised you've managed to avoid watching friends considering how much its on...

...but never seen the Simpsons!? :o

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I can understand Breaking Bad and Seinfeld, and I'msurprised you've managed to avoid watching friends considering how much its on...

...but never seen the Simpsons!? :o

No honestly.  Mrs F is a massive Friends fan and sometimes it’s on in the background but I then revert to my phone.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park etc, just never fancied watching a cartoon. I should give an episode a go at some point to see what I’ve missed. 

I’ve watched less than 5 episodes of family guy and South Park combined. 

I’ve probably watched 90% of all Simpson episodes made. Probably 99% of Friends (I say 99% as I managed to stumble across one the other day I hadn’t seen before).

Edited by Genie

Â