Never have I ever...

Genie

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I went to Harry Ramsden’s in Blackpool as a kid. My grandparents who live there took us as a treat. It’s too long ago for me to remember if it was anything special.

It’s not. It’s shite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/01/2021 at 18:54, BOF said:

I can't watch musicals. I absolutely **** hate the format. Characters randomly breaking into song brings me out in an immediate rash and makes me want to destroy things. Coincidentally the one exception I can tolerate because of its technical achievement is The Wizard of Oz. 

I'm with you.  I watched all of Moulin Rouge with the missus, and wanted to kill myself after half an hour. Managed 20 minutes of La La Land, before making my excuses and leaving. Managed even less of the Greatest Showman. I'd rather settle down to watch a Birmingham City season review DVD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

I'm with you.  I watched all of Moulin Rouge with the missus, and wanted to kill myself after half an hour. Managed 20 minutes of La La Land, before making my excuses and leaving. Managed even less of the Greatest Showman. I'd rather settle down to watch a Birmingham City season review DVD.

Well, yeah, they're all the modern ones. Shite. 

But the old ones with Fred and Ginger (Top Hat, etc.) or - say - High Society (Crosby, Sinatra, Armstrong). I love 'em. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

South Park is incredible. Especially the first 5 or so series. The film is an absolute masterpiece.

Not sure what it's like watching them years after the events and the news but some of South Park is so on point and fresh with current events that it was incredible, not watched it in about 5 years now which considering trump was president its a time where I probably should, it's a completely different show from what it was at the start, funnily enough it's 25 years old this week

As soon as I saw someone say they don't like musicals I was ready to reply with watch South Park, another film is overdue 

Edited by villa4europe

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure what it's like watching them years after the events and the news but some of South Park is so on point and fresh with current events that it was incredible, not watched it in about 5 years now which considering trump was president its a time where I probably should, it's a completely different show from what it was at the start, funnily enough it's 25 years old this week

As soon as I saw someone say they don't like musicals I was ready to reply with watch South Park, another film is overdue 

i saw a documentary called "6 days to air" or something like that. basically it only takes them 6 days to do an episode meaning they can make it totally current. the pandemic ones i felt were a bit of a missed opportunity i thought...should've been a lot funnier ...but the ones around when trump was campaigning was south park at its absolute best. was really clever, funny stuff.

33 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i saw a documentary called "6 days to air" or something like that. basically it only takes them 6 days to do an episode meaning they can make it totally current. the pandemic ones i felt were a bit of a missed opportunity i thought...should've been a lot funnier ...but the ones around when trump was campaigning was south park at its absolute best. was really clever, funny stuff.

Yeah Ive seen that I know what you mean

I watched the ones where he was campaigning and they had Mr garrison running for president and they made the shift towards continuity across the season but then I stopped 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

South Park is incredible. Especially the first 5 or so series. The film is an absolute masterpiece.

Seasons 5-9 was the golden age.

It’s still good now though, 25 years in!

And yeah, agree on the film.  Greatest musical of all time.

Edited by Wainy316

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve watched less than 5 episodes of family guy and South Park combined. 

I’ve probably watched 90% of all Simpson episodes made. Probably 99% of Friends (I say 99% as I managed to stumble across one the other day I hadn’t seen before).

90% of all of The Simpsons?  That's decent going, I gave up years ago, probably even decades ago now come to think of it.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Watched an episode of Coronation Street. 

My mother watched it from episode one. My wife also watched it for years. I got a 'secondary smoking' effect. 

Listened to The Archers. 

My wife listened to it for years. Still does, albeit less frequently. See above. 

Been skiing or indeed had the smallest glimmer of a desire to go skiing. 

Oh, same here. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

…..watched a full episode of Friends, the Simpsons, Breaking Bad or Seinfeld. 

All massive shows I know but never really fancied watching or can be bothered to put the time in.

I also have never watched even 10 minutes of Friends and I don't think I've watched a full episode of Simpsons and watched only the first episode of Breaking Bad.   I watched every episode of Seinfeld during its original run, though.   I've never been much of a TV watcher as an adult, with a few exceptions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

90% of all of The Simpsons?  That's decent going, I gave up years ago, probably even decades ago now come to think of it.  

Only by chance really. Like Friends it seems to always be on one channel so stumble across new ones all the time.

• 1 year later...
On 15/08/2022 at 19:25, Risso said:

What you mean you've never watched 100 great throw ins

Â